S P E L L D A T E

W R I T T E N : J U L Y  1 2 + 1 3 T H 2 0 1 8P U B L I S H E D : A U G U S T  2 N D 2 0 1 8

2 0 1 8
P U B L I S H E D : A U G U S T  2 N D
2 0 1 8

W A R N I N G S: IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING PEOPLE, SHE'S WEARING A DRESS. PLUS SHE HAS BLACK LEGGINGS WITH HER OUTFIT.

'DO
YOU
LIKE
IT?"

---------------------------

HAYDEN walking into the school and took off her bag, she could hear all chatter stop in the room as she sat her bag down and grabbed her stuff out. Her two best friends and Haydens new friends. Anne, diana, and ruby. All ran over to her. "You look amazing." "Absolutely spectacular." "You look great." Hayden blushed at the compliments and smiled at her friends.
"Thanks guys."

Hayden remembered it was the day of the spelling bee, boys vs girls. Hayden always did very well at spelling bees. Hayden wanted to memorize English before she learned French when she was younger.
Hayden walked over to her seat next to the girls and everyone in the class stared at her. "Why are you wearing a dress? Aren't you afraid of falling?" Hayden shook her head. "I realized I could wear shorter dresses." Diana and anne laughed and so did hayden.

But Hayden was lying to them, of course she wanted to start wearing dresses more but she was mainly wearing this dress to empress gilbert. Speaking of Gilbert Hayden looked over at him to see him in a trance. He was staring at her with a stunned look and his kind eyes shows a new sense of love and affection. He walked up to her and whispered.
"Good luck on the spelling bee. Plus you look so utterly gorgeous, absolutely stunning." Hayden blushed as he heard his words and he walked away, with a smirk and a wink. Before anne or Diana could say anything to Hayden the spelling bee had begun.

Left and right people started to get out on the easiest words. The clear three best were hayden, Gilbert and anne. Anne was the third out since she got too nervous and messed up her word.
"Spectacular."
"Spectacular: S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R."
"That would seem to be correct."

Hayden smiled and looked over at Gilbert who was smiling at at her already.
"Haughty."
"H-A-U-G-H-T-Y."
"Intentions."
"Intentions: I-N-T-E-N-T-I-O-N-S."
Hayden couldn't hear the Kids cheering as she got her words right. All she could hear was her heart beat and all she could see was Gilbert practically checking her out every chance he could.

"Engagement."
"E-N-G-A-G-M."
"Im sorry but that is incorrect."
Hayden smiled to herself as the rest of the girls cheered.
Gilbert walked over and placed an arm on her mid-back and pushed a piece of hair out of her face.
"Congrats." He continued to stare into her light blue eyes and she stared into his hazel ones."I should have added the e." Hayden. Nodded and smiled.

Hayden walked away and Gilbert watched after her. Hayden turned around and caught Gilbert staring at her. He blushed and walked his way back to his seat.
Hayden smiled to herself before walking back to her seat.
"You won."
"Congrats."
Hayden smiled at the two girls.
Hayden looked at ruby who looked at her sadly.
"What's wrong ruby?"
Ruby sighed.
"Why can't Gilbert look at me the way he looks at you?"
"Ruby-"
"Don't try and deny it." Hayden looked at ruby, "I don't like him ruby."
Ruby looked up at her, "Are you sure?"
Hayden nodded at her. Ruby smiled at her before going to talk with josie.

Hayden was lying to ruby, and herself. She didn't want to upset ruby so Hayden tried to convince herself and her friends that's she didn't like gilbert.

---------------------------------------

It was later on in the day, Hayden was sitting in the tree by her house which looked over a river

It was later on in the day, Hayden was sitting in the tree by her house which looked over a river. Hayden picked at the flowers on the tree while reading a book. Hayden looked out at the river and sighed.
Hayden looked at her reflection in the river from and started talking to herself.
"God, why can't I just admit it to myself? I wish I could be living in a different time and a different place and a different time. Maybe in the future, where it's okay for women to ask out and admit their feelings loud and clear. I wish I could just say out loud that I like Gilbert blythe!"

After Hayden had finished her rant she heard a cough from below. Hayden looked down to see Gilbert staring up at her with a smile. "You know, if you asked me out I would say yes." Hayden blushed as she saw Gilbert smirk at her. "Well, I don't think it's very proper for a women to ask out a man. Plus I think it's very romantic of a man to ask out the women." Gilbert continued to smirk as he motioned for her to come down the tree. Hayden smiled and dropped from down the tree. He put his hands out and motioned for her to grab them, she put her book and bear on the floor. She put her hands in his and he smiled at her.

"Hayden Bolton, Would you like to accompany me, Gilbert Blythe, on a date?" Watched as Gilbert blushed at his own words. Hayden also blushed at his words. "I, Hayden Bolton, Would love to accompany you,Gilbert Blythe, on a date." Gilbert moved a piece of hair from her face and smiled so wide that the corners of his eyes were wrinkled. Hayden smiled the same way.
"I'll meet you at your house around sundown. Don't eat dinner."