D I N N E R

W R I T T E N : J U L Y 1 4 T H , 2 0 1 8P U B L I S H E D : A U G U S T  1 9 T H2 0 1 8

P U B L I S H E D : A U G U S T  1 9 T H
2 0 1 8

W A R N I N G S : N O N E

'DINNER
IS
JUST
A
SOCIAL
CONSTRUCT'

--------------------------------

HAYDEN had finished cooking dinner and she up the table she heard a knock on the door as she smoothed out her outfit before opening the door. She saw Gilbert standing there with a bouquet of pastel flowers. He reached out to hand them to her. She took them with a smile. "Thank you Gilbert." Hayden smelled them while smiling at him. "I'll go put these in water..." Hayden turned around to see her brother staring at the two of them. "Thomas can show you to the dinning room. Right thomas?" Thomas nodded with a grin before walking towards him. "I've never formally introduced myself to you, my name is Thomas bolton, it's nice to meet you." Gilbert shook Thomas' hand. "My name is Gilbert Blythe. It's also nice to meet you." Thomas nodded at him, and let go of his hand. Thomas motioned for Gilbert to step in which he did. Thomas closed the door after him. "Follow me." Gilbert followed after Thomas and looked around the Boltons grand living room.

The Boltons house was in the middle of a forest but it was probably the biggest house in Avonlea. The Boltons have a long line of success and have been know for having large amounts of money. Gilbert never really cared about that and nobody wanted to admit that the Boltons were the richest family in Avonlea. Gilbert followed Thomas looking at the art that covered the house and looking at the beautiful furniture that covered it. Gilbert finally entered the dinning room. The dinning room had a high ceiling with a candalier hanging over the table. The table was covered with beautiful table utensils and Gilbert looked in wonder at the design of the room.

Maxwell walked over to Gilbert and sniffed around at his feet before laying at his feet. Gilbert smiled and leaned down to pet maxwell. Liz and Roger were in Haydens room and red was sitting on a chair in the dinning room. Red was staring at Gilbert and Gilbert stared back at him. Thomas laughed slightly looking from Gilbert to red to gilbert. "He does that with new people, he stares until he knows that you are familiar." Gilbert nodded at Thomas and stared at red. Hayden walked back into the room and smiled at Gilbert. Gilbert smiled back at her and he looked at her outfit in wonder. "You look absolutely gorgeous, as usual." Hayden blushed at his words and smiled at him. Thomas made a fake gagging noise. "Gross." Hayden threw a handkerchief at Thomas which he caught. Thomas laughed at her before walking towards the kitchen to help his father.

Hayden kissed Gilbert gently on the lips and he kissed her back. They pull apart and Gilbert leans his forehead against hers. "You look handsome." He kissed her gently. "You look absolutely gorgeous." Hayden pecked his nose. "Thank you for all your compliments. And thank you for the flowers." Gilbert gulped and scratching the back of his neck. "Your welcome."

Thomas walks back into the room as they pull away from each other, "dad wants you in the kitchen." Hayden nodded before walking into the kitchen. Thomas stared Gilbert down and Gilbert looked at the ground while scracthing the back of his neck. "So, what are your intentions with my sister?" Gilbert gulped and looked up at thomas. "I intend to make her happy, happier than she ever could be, I intend to make her forget about her past whenever she is with me, I want to please her and make her happy." Thomas smiles at Gilbert's answer. "Good."

Gilbert offered to help as he saw Hayden and Michael walk out with the food, "it's alright." They put the food out and Hayden sat down next to Gilbert and Michael sat next to thomas. They began to eat in silence as Gilbert kept glancing at hayden. Hayden could tell Gilbert was slightly nervous so she grabbed his hand under the table and Gilbert smiled at her and she smiled back. "So gilbert, how have you been?" Gilbert squeezed her hand. "I've been good sir." Michael laughed slightly. "You can call me Michael." Gilbert nodded but didn't say anything. "How's your father gilbert?" Gilbert sighed, "he's been better than he is now."

Hayden tilted her head at Gilbert, "Your father's sick." Gilbert nodded his head. "Yeah." Hayden squeezed his hand. "Im sorry." Gilbert shook his head at her, "it's alright." Michael smiled at the two teens.
They countinued to make small talk as they continued to eat.

---------------------------

Hayden and Gilbert sat on her bed as he hannded her two boxes. "I wanted to give you these." Hayden smiled at him, she opened the biggest flat box first, it was a red rose necklace.  The last one she opened and gasped. Covering her mouth and looking at gilbert, "it was my mothers." Hayden blushed and smiled at him, "Gilbert-" "it's a promise ring. That no matter what happened to us, I will always love you." Haydens eyes widened." Gilbert, you shouldn't have gotten me all this." "I wanted to show that I loved you."

"If you wanted to show that you loved me, you could have just said it." He blushed and ran his hand through his hair. "I-" "I love you too gilbert."  Gilbert smiled while kissing her. "God your amazing." Hayden laughed into the kiss as he said that, "Your amazing." They kissed for a lot longer.

They pulled apart and Hayden fell back with a laugh, Gilbert watched and laughed with her.