Chapter Five: Growing Feelings

Bouncing his knee as he looked at the clock, Sergio groaned annoyed as he wondered when Charlotte would be home; she was already late and he didn’t like it that she hadn’t come home yet.

The last few days had been strange for the Sevillian and ever since the kiss, he had found himself getting closer with the blonde; he hadn’t felt like this before and he wasn’t sure what to make of the feelings that he had started to develop.

The sound of the door unlocking made Sergio perk up as he stood from the couch and looked around the corner and into the hallway; he tilted his head curiously before a smile graced his face as Charlotte stepped into her apartment.

The blonde shivered as she pulled off her soaking wet lined parka with faux fur trim hood, she glanced at Sergio with a small smile as she ran her fingers through her damp wet hair as she hung up her coat.

Sergio looked at her concerned before he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her, he pulled her close as he rubbed his hands up and down her arms as he attempted to warm her up.

Charlotte had worn a white chunky jumper and high waisted skinny jeans paired with black double zip ankle boots; she had hoped to keep warm as the weather got colder and since she knew that if she was ill then she would have to take time off.

“You’re freezing,” Sergio muttered as he pulled her into the living room, he looked down at her worried as she cuddled into his warm chest; he knew that she was going to end up sick if he didn’t get her out of her wet clothes.

“I’m going to undress you… get you into some warm clothes,” Sergio said as he rubbed his hands up and down her arms in an attempt to warm her up; he was a little relieved when the blonde didn’t try to stop him as he helped her out of his clothes.

Sergio pulled his shirt over his head before he put it on Charlotte, he knew that none of her clothes would be warm enough to warm her back up; he had been wearing his shirt all day and it had his body heat and would help her warm up.

Charlotte blinked as she stared at his topless form, she swallowed as Sergio carefully wrapped a blanket around her before he collected her wet clothes and took them into the kitchen so that he could stick them into the washing machine for her.

Sergio stuck the kettle on and quickly started to prepare the blonde a hot drink, he didn’t want her to get ill; he hated the thought that she was going to get sick and it made his stomach turn knowing that when he was gone she would be alone again.

***

Charlotte looked at Sergio as he went to the bathroom, she didn’t know what was going on but she was grateful for what he had done for her; he had cooked dinner for them and now they were watching a movie together.

The blonde knew that she couldn’t get attached to the Spaniard, he would be going back to his life soon and she would be left behind; something that made her heartache knowing that she would never see him again.

“So Stefan called today… he’s coming here in three days to see how my stitches are,” Sergio said when he returned, he knew that once he had the all clear from his doctor then he would leave; it sadden him a great deal that he would be forced to leave Charlotte behind but he knew it was for her own safety.

“You’ll be going home then?” the blonde asked as she looked at him, she bit her lip as she watched him sit down; she was going to be a little sad to see him go and she wasn’t sure what she was going to do when he was gone.

Sergio shrugged, he didn’t want to leave her behind but he didn’t have a choice; she wasn’t meant for his world and while he was going to do something to thank her, he was going to leave her so that she was safe.

“Is it strange that I’m going to miss you?” Charlotte asked as she looked at him, she still didn’t know much about him but she had grown attached to him and would be sad to see him go.

Sergio smiled at her and shook his head, he was going to miss her as well and he hoped that there wouldn’t be any kind of backlash for what she had done for him; he wanted her safe after what she had done for him.

“I’ll miss you too,” Sergio admitted as he looked down at his hands, he had never felt like this and he knew that it was wrong of him to get attached to the blonde that now meant so much to him; she was perfect and he hated that he would leave never to see her again.

“I won’t see you again after you leave will I?” Charlotte asked as she looked down at her hands, she knew that once this was over it was over; she jumped as Sergio took her hand making her look at him, her blue eyes blinked confused as he watched her for a moment.

“It’s better that way,” Sergio said gently as he ignored the hammered in his chest as his heartbeat; he ignored the thoughts that rambled through his head telling him that it would be a mistake to let her go.

“You deserve someone better… someone that can give you everything that you want and more,” Sergio said making Charlotte blink, she nibbled on her lip as she thought about what he had said and it confused her; it sounded like he was trying to break up with her and it made no sense.

“You sound like you’re trying to break up with me… Sergio you can tell me anything,” Charlotte said as she felt him move closer to her, ever since they had kissed things between them had changed and Charlotte knew that he had felt it as well.

“I’m not good for you Charlotte… just being here means that I’m putting you in danger,” he said as he brushed some hair from her face, he licked his lips as he watched her closely and he knew that he was going to do something he would later regret.

Sergio kissed her softly, he hesitated for a moment before Charlotte closed the gap between them again; she paused as she wrapped her arms around his neck as he drew her closer.

The two carefully and tentatively started to heat things up, Sergio rested a hand on her thigh as he pushed the blonde onto her back; he knew that he was making a big mistake but he couldn’t stop himself.

“Tell me to stop,” Sergio breathed as he pulled his lips from hers, he wanted her to push him away so that he wouldn’t do this; he needed her to stop him so that he wouldn’t fall for her, he was going to do something that he shouldn’t and it had to be stopped before it was too late.

“Por favor… stop me,” Sergio said as he continued to kiss Charlotte, the blonde ignored him as she skimmed her fingers through his hair; she kissed his lips as she could feel that he didn’t want her to stop him and if he did then he would do so himself.

“Do you really want me to stop you?” Charlotte asked as she ran her fingers through his short brown hair, she pulled back slightly as she looked at him; she shifted her weight as she looked at him.

Sergio shook his head before he claimed her lips, he cupped her face knowing that he never wanted to stop; he wanted her to force him away so that he couldn’t hurt her, she was only going to get hurt and he didn’t want that.

Sergio groaned softly to himself, knowing that this was only going too led to trouble and he hoped that Charlotte was worth it.