Chapter Twenty-Four: Wedding Plans

Charlotte swallowed as she listened to Paqui and Mirian organising her wedding, it had been a week since her engagement party and the blonde had yet to actually make any decisions on her own wedding.

The two women had made it perfectly clear that they had no interest in any suggestions that the blonde had for her wedding; Vania was sat quietly next to her for support knowing what Charlotte was currently going through since they had done the same to her when she had married René.

“Now we have sent off a design for your wedding dress, it’ll be ready just before the wedding,” Paqui said proud of herself, she knew that the dress would be beautiful and Charlotte would make the perfect bride for her son; the blonde blanched as she looked at her future mother-in-law as she tried to wrap her head around what had been said.

Vania looked at Charlotte knowing that this was a nasty shock for her, she truly wasn’t going to get a say in anything about her wedding and she was going to have to conform to what José María and Paqui wanted her to do and be.

“I’m sorry… you’ve done what?” Charlotte asked to be sure that she had heard the older woman right, she didn’t want to believe that she had no choice in her wedding dress; Mirian rolled her eyes as she looked at the blonde, she didn’t know why this was such a shock for her.

“I’ve ordered your wedding dress,” Paqui said again before she turned back to her conversation with Mirian, she didn’t care what the blonde thought this was for the best.

Charlotte sat back as she listened vaguely to what the two women were saying, she couldn’t believe that she was actually considering Sergio’s offer.

***

“I want to elope,” Charlotte said as she walked into the apartment, she knew that Sergio was home since she had spotted his head of security outside; she put her push lock satchel on the table as her fiancé looked at her.

The Sevillian knew what had brought this on and he didn’t blame her, his mother had over run his older brother’s wedding and was going to do the same with his; however the only thing that Sergio wanted was for Charlotte to be happy.

“Okay… where?” he asked eagerly, he knew that the sooner that it was done the better and his parents wouldn’t be able to stop them; he eyed his fiancée who was wearing a white blouse with petal collar and high waist denim jeggings paired with silver heeled sandals for the meeting with his mother and sister.

Charlotte paused as she looked at him, she could see that he was pleased that she had chosen to elope instead of having the big wedding that his parents were planning; his brother was supporting him on this since he remembered how upset his wife had been when she had her wedding forced on her.

“I don’t know… somewhere nice and sunny with a beach,” the blonde said, she hadn’t really given it much thought and she knew that Sergio would have the answers; the Sevillian chuckled as he pushed himself up and off the couch.

He walked over to Charlotte knowing that he was going to make her so happy, he had the perfect place in mind and he was sure that she would like it.

“I know just the place…” Sergio said before he kissed her, she was nine weeks pregnant and he wanted everything to be perfect for them.

***

René sipped on his drink as he looked at his younger brother, he wasn’t surprised that he had come to him to tell him that they were eloping; he remembered how upset his own wife had been when she hadn’t had a say in her own wedding.

“So Maui, Hawaii… interesting choice,” René said knowing that his brother would never do anything easy; he was going to need someone to cover for him while he eloped with Charlotte and René was more than happy to help.

He didn’t care how upset their mother and sister would be about all of this, they were pushing their luck and it was only a matter before someone snapped and pushed them away.

Sergio shrugged as he sipped on his own drink, he knew what his brother was thinking and he didn’t care; he wanted to be far away from Spain so that his parents wouldn’t find a way to stop them.

“You know that this will cause a fight and Padre will only make things difficult for you when you come back,” René said as he looked at his brother, he wanted him to be prepared for the back lash that would come when he eloped with Charlotte.

There was no doubt that Paqui wasn’t going to speak to him if he went through with this but Charlotte would be safe since she would fall under family protection.

“I know but I can’t make my pregnant fiancée unhappy to please my parents,” Sergio said as he looked at his brother, he ran a hand through his hair knowing that he wasn’t going to start his married life with Charlotte like René had with Vania.

***

“Are you sure it’ll be okay?” Charlotte asked as she looked at Sergio, she was packing her suit-case because he had told he too and she couldn’t shake the feeling that this was going to cause problems; but she couldn’t cope with his parents anymore and their wedding planning.

Sergio chuckled and nodded his head, he wrapped his arms around the blonde knowing that everything would be fine; she meant too much to him for this to be messed up.

“I’m sure… I will do whatever it takes to make you happy,” the Sevillian said as he kissed her neck, he rested a hand on her flat stomach knowing that it would swell soon with his child and he couldn’t wait to find out what they were going to have.

For the first time in his life, Sergio knew what he wanted and he was going to make sure that nothing ever took that away from him; he wanted a future with Charlotte and their baby and he was going to protect that.

“I love you,” Sergio said as the blonde turned to face him, he pulled her close knowing that he would do anything for her; he was going to be the best father he could for their unborn child as well.

“I love you too,” Charlotte said as she kissed his lips, she knew that he was risking a lot for her and she didn’t know why he would do something like that for her; she had only known him for a few months.

Sergio nuzzled his head against hers, he knew that this wasn’t going to be easy but in a few days they would be in Hawaii and would be getting married; he couldn’t wait to have her as his wife.

“I would do anything for you Charlotte… never doubt that,” Sergio said as if sensing her doubts, he knew that everything was going to be okay once she was his wife and that no one would be able to harm her again; the last thing he wanted was a repeat of what had happened months ago when Victor had taken her.

Charlotte smiled as an un-nerving feeling settled in her stomach, she had a feeling that their eloping was going to cause more trouble than what Sergio was telling her and she only hoped that it was a small price for her to pay for her own happiness and Sergio’s.