🔥Rich🔥

When I was dancing the the horns of a ship as a joke I could've SWORN I saw Jake staring at me.

Like, it was different from some of our other friends who were watching me and giggling.

But Jake wasn't laughing. He was just... looking at me and smiling with this fond look on his face.

Shit. That look would be enough to knock me off of my feet all week. (The author is a Little Mix stan) His eyes were just so soft and full of joy.

I turned to him, giggling out of my mind.

He simply scooped me up into his arms, and threw me into the water. I came up from under the cold abyss and rubbed my eyes. The first thing I saw when I could see was Jake standing over me and offering help to get me back up.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuc—

I took his hand and just as I did he yanked me up. I felt a small pop in my wrist, but my joints would pop regularly so I didn't worry.

Once he made sure I was steady on my feet he did something I would never expect.

He hugged me.

It was quick, but the only thing I wish it had lasted longer.

Chloe was the first to speak up. "Hey guys. We've been here for ages and I want food. You guys wanna head out??"

Jake and the other girls nodded in unison. I nodded too.

"Can we go to Pinkberry??" Brooke asked, a hopeful look in her eyes.

Chloe and Jenna nodded.

"Rich, Jake, you guys gonna come with us?"

"Nahhhh. We'll just go hang out at my place. I've got food there." Jake said, waving his hand in denial.

Wait- WHAT!? He seriously just said that. He seriously just told our friends that we'd be hanging out at Jake's house. Alone. Together.

Okay. All the girls were wearing shit eating grins as they nodded in acceptance.

So, we all swam back into the sand, dried off, and packed up our stuff.

I looked up to Jake. "Hey. I caught a ride here with my brother.. can I ride with you?"

"Of course Rich! I'll even let you pick the music!"

Oh my god why is Jake so nice to me!? God, someone please get him to realize that I love him.

We walked to Jake's car. It was pretty nice. Then again, Jake's family has money.

I sat in shotgun while Jake drove.

"Jake, holy shit I really love your car." I said, looking at him with the biggest smile.

"Ah, Thanks Rich." He replied with a hum.

I was resting my hand on the center console, casually nodding my head to the music playing.

I was pretty relaxed until...

"This is a great song!" He turned up the music, knowing it was one of my favorite songs.

After his hand left the volume dial he moved it to put it on top of mine.

HOLY FUCK!! I CAN'T—
My face felt so hot. God. This boy is going to kill me.

We were listening to the song, casually holding hands. Like two totally not in love guys do.

We made it to Jake's house, getting out. "Okay!" He said, looking at me with the warmest look.

As soon as we got in, he tugged us into his room.

He was laughing. "Rich, I got you something! Close your eyes."

He sounded exited. God, I couldn't say no to him.

I closed my eyes. A large, flat thing was placed in my hands.

"Open them." He whispered.

I opened my eyes to see an album in vinyl form.

"Jake, thith ith tho great! Oh my god!!" I yelled, setting it down. I hugged him tightly. "Thank you, Jake."

He physically relaxed in my arms. "No problem, Rich.."

I looked up at him and we just stared at each other.

"Hey.."
"Hey."

"This is nice."
"Yeah."
"Rich.. it's really no problem. I heard you saying you really wanted it. So I just... got it for you."

"Are you trying to win my affectionth Dillinger?"
"Maybe."
"If you are it's working."

"Yeah?"
"Yeah."

We both continued to stare laughing.

"Thith ith thuper gay."
"I don't think that's a bad thing."

Our noses were simply inches apart.

We pulled away, both awkwardly giggling.

"So, you wanna binge eat while watching the office?"

"You read my mind Jake."

•••••••••••••
Word count: 735

holy fuck I need to stop. Someone please stop me. And thank you for 200+ reads. Means a lot!! ❤️💙❤️💙

This chapter took me ages.

CAN YOU FEEL THE TENSION!? DID YOU THINK I'D MAKE THEM KISS!?

YOU THOUGHT WRONG!!

I'm sorry. I wanted them to kiss too.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

And I also hope you have a wonderful day/night/evening/morning

Edge:Out