Jake

I laid awake that night. My eyes didn't wanna shut and my mind would not slow down. I thought of Rich most of the time.

He was the same guy I had made friends with at the beginning of the year. The same guy who would've never showed his flaws so openly. Like his lisp. (Though that lisp made me so happy)

He held my hand. When I placed my hand on his he didn't move away.
That was what kept me up for most of the night. The memory of him holding my hand is what's keeping me awake. Why am I so hung up on his small hand in my bigger one.

Is it because it felt right..?
No. No... yeah. Yeah it is.
I don't know why it felt so right.

But I need to stop thinking about that hand hold and think about something else.

Rich himself.

He was easier to talk to than before. We talked as if I knew him my whole life. Like I knew him before he got his Squip.
He seemed so genuine in those hours we spent together. Seemed so real..

I realized something while I was there with him. I don't just have a crush on him. I totally fell for him.
But, since I took theatre last year, my acting is amazing! He'll never find out because I won't let him.

Should I let him? No.
Should I let myself get to know him, which will only lead to me falling even harder for him? Yeah!

The thing that no one understands about Rich is that he's a fragile person.
His heart is always in the right place but his mind does whatever it wants.
It's weird. He's weird.

Everyone in our friend group is weird.

Shit.

I haven't spoken to anyone in our friend group other than Rich.

They're probably so wo-

My phone just buzzed beside me. I pick it up, the light straining my eyes. On the screen I see the name of a group chat Michael made. Let's see what it's called.

"Gay Squeenies"

God damn it Michael.

Jeremy changed it.

"Homos"

DAMN IT JEREMY!!

Everyone took turns changing the name before Rich finally got his turn.

What'd he name it?

"Homosexual Squids"

No one changed it after that.

Everyone was talking and making plans...

Then someone asked about where I was. I decided to be an asshole about it.

[Jake changed their name to TallestAss]
[TallestAss] In my room.

[Rich changed their name to SmallestAss]

[SmallestAss] YAYYY! JAKE'S ON!!

Oh my god that was adorable. Rich was exited to see me on the chat.

[Michael has changed their name to Gaymer]

[Gaymer] Oh holy shiz Jake's alive!!
[TallestAss] Fuck you Michael!
[Jere-Bear] Jake no.
[Gaymer] SASSY!!

All my friends are fucking idiots.

[SmallestAss] I'LL DEFEND YOU JAKE!!!

Except one...

•••••••••••••
This chapter was all over the place because Jake's thoughts were all over the place. And the texting thing was recommended by my friend. This chapter was shorter and I forgot the word count but I'll remember next time!
If you have any name recommendations for any of the characters for the next chapter feel free to leave them in the comments below!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Edge:Out