Chapter 12

Carter's POV

As Riley started yelling at the Red Dragons to get off the bus, my men unloaded the members stuff and we left.

As we got home Sophia was playing with Alice and Jake, They looked truly happy. Its as if they were... family... I went up to my bedroom and took a shower. Then it hit me, I was standing there.. thinking about Riley. A girl I didn't even know, a girl who has no one other than her sister and lets no one else in.

I mean this girl is so closed off, I have not seen her smile except when we retrieved dad from her house out in the woods two years ago. Then the only time she smiled was when Sophia smiled. Sophia is her life. I have no chance in being with her. Wait... Why am I thinking of being with her? She's just another gang leader I have to deal with. Another person who is going to cause me problems. Plus its not like I like her, I mean come one! She doesn't have a heart!

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of I little girls voice. "She's not cold hearted you know? She has a heart, its just blocked off from the world." I turn my head towards the voice, and see Sophia. Then I realized, I was already in my bedroom with sweatpants on, and I was sitting on my bed. I laughed, "She has no heart, and even if she does, it so small that there is no room for anyone else." I lower my head, "But Your wrong. You'll see. Just give her time. And it wont be a easy fight." I watch as she turns to the door. And right before she leaves, she turns around. "But it will be worth it..." With that she walked out.

Maybe I'm to hard on her? But she's so closed off how in the hell am I supposed to get her to put down her walls. How am I going to get close to her? UGHHHHH

With the questions of how I am going to get close the Riley, sleep overcame my senses.

*The next day*

Riley's POV

I roll out of bed, an get ready for school. After school I have about 5 different meeting at the gang house, Sophia has a play date ate Alice's and I have a ton of school work to catch up on due to the 3 days I missed to take care of the.. "Situation." And I don't have enough hours in the day to finish. Well the more time I sit here and think about everything, the more time I'm wasting.

I walk into the bathroom and get a shower. Then I walk into my closet and get dressed. I wear a black tank top, with black skinny jeans, and a black hoodie, and of course... My black Nike's. Yup today is a black day. I feel like shit. The crap with my "Parents" has me all fucked up. Like I know they are my biological parents, but they left me 6 years ago! What makes them think that they can tell me what to do. God! I don't even know what to think about it! Much less what to do about it! Like yes their my parents but they aren't at the same time. What am I supposed to do!

I walk down stairs and see Sophia in the dining room coloring. "What took you so long Ri?" She asks as I kiss her forehead. I give a small chuckle and shake my head. Then I go an make two bowls of cereal. Once we sit down and eat, everything starts going in slow motion. I start to see us in our old house. We are sitting down with mom and dad and we are eating breakfast as a family. Then dad goes off to work in his suit with his briefcase, and mom takes Sophia to school. And I would be driving myself and have no care in the world and have a normal life. A live were I'm not a ruthless killer.

"Ri?" Sophia says effectively breaking me out of my thoughts. I look at Sophia and smile. Because I can give her that reality. The reality with a family. Parents. I feel Sophia's hand on my face, and I'm snapped out of my thoughts once again. "What's wrong Ri?" She asks. I shake my head, collect out plates and put them in the dishwasher. Then I smile at her as I grab her hand and we head out to the car. We drive and say nothing. Once at school, I get out and walk towards the school doors. Just as I reach the door, long acrylic nailed hand clamps over my wrist that's on the door knob. Without thinking, I kick the person the hand belongs to and throw their head down onto my knee and walk inside as if nothing happened. Once I was in my first class I sat in my favorite seat, the one in the corner away from everyone and a view of everything.

A few minutes later the bell rings and right after the Skulls walked in. Late as usual. I had my hood up, ear buds in, and I was scribbling in my book. Shadows loomed over me for a minute or so and then they left. The whole day went like that. Every class, a shadow loomed over me and then left, and at lunch I vanished to my car and stayed there. My whole day went by in a blur. During classes id do my extra work, and all of lunch I did my extra work. My mind was so busy and I didn't even register that the last bell had rung. I am still sitting in my seat in my last period class.

Then there was a tap on my shoulder, I grabbed the persons hand and twisted it as I stood from my seat. A split second passes and I register that its the Skulls. I let go and grab my stuff as I look at the clock and race to the door. Just as I reached the door, someone pushes me up against the wall and holds me by my throat. I take one second before reacting and look at who I'm against, when I see Jasper, I stop all movement and take a deep breath.

"Let go, I have a full day." I seethe. Today is not a good day for people to be fucking with me! He lets go but stands in front of the door. "You think you can just hurt my mans hand like that and get away with it?" Carter says, like really bitch I didn't even break it. "I am leaving now. I have more important things to do than you and this bullshit! All because your man is a pussy! and can't take the tiniest shit." I spat and pushed past them all.

I walk to my car and go to the elementary and grab Sophia. We go to the Skulls HQ and I drop her off with Daniel and Alice. Then I speed off to HQ. Once I get there my newest right hand, Leo, started talking to me. "Alright first meeting is in 5 minutes and its with Michael from the Cobalt Angels, Then everything else is back to back, The Phantoms, Brown Vipers, White Thorns, and Crimson Crosses. They all want alliances with The Angel of Death." I grab the folders from him as he speaks and they hold the information we have on the gangs. I nod at the end and finally reach the conference room on the top floor. "Alright lets do this." I say as me and him walk into the conference room. And inside is about 15 of the Cobalt Angels sitting around the table. Each have one gun on the table, and several more on their bodies. "I hope you don't plan on attacking us from the inside. It would not end well for you." I say as I walk past them to my seat at the head of the table. The leader, Michael, laughs. "Alright little girl, go play us big boys got business to tend to." He says. Then he looks at Leo and asks, "Where's Death?" That is when Leo laughs and I sit there and slightly lower my head. I look at my hands that are folded on the table.

"Its Angel of Death to you. and She is the Angel of Death." Leo says. Once again Michael laughs. Instead of saying anything, I stand up and remove my hoodie. Then I turn around and I show my back, which I now visible by the laced back on my tank top. They gasp, they always do. As they stare at my back, I look at Leo. "Is it that hard to believe that I am a chick? Like COME ON!" I say. Then I turn around and we start the meeting.