|27|

I wait for Lavar or LaMelo to speak, and we end up standing in my room for a few seconds.

I look at Lavar then I glance at LaMelo.

Lavar clears his throat.

"Joslyn, I don't want you to think I don't like you or anything, you're a wonderful young lady. I just can't have you manipulating my son into missing games and not focus on basketball!"

"Man how many times do I have to fucking tell you- she didn't do shit! I made my own choices!" LaMelo says.

"Watch your mouth and realize who you're talking to!" Lavar says. "Now do what I told you to do!"

LaMelo groans. "Dad, come on!"

"LaMelo LaFrance Ball, you have five seconds, five!"

LaMelo looks up at me and then he looks away.

I know what's coming next, I think to myself.

"Four!"

LaMelo looks at me again and I look away from him.

"Three...two!"

LaMelo mumbles something under his breathe.

I suck on my bottom lip.

"Joslyn, I-I'm obviously not ready for a girlfriend because I don't know how to balance my future career as an NBA player and a girlfriend...I have to choose one and I-" LaMelo takes in a deep breathe.

I zone out.

This is really happening.

This time, he doesn't have a choice.

"I- no not I," LaMelo states. He points to his dad. "He thinks it's best to break up."

And there it is...

I swallow nodding my head slowly.

I don't know what to say.

I know LaMelo doesn't want to do this, but I guess it just had to be done...

I see a tear fall down LaMelo's cheek as he walks out of my room with his dad.

Stupid fucking Lavar!

_____