Chapter 20

Ian's POV

I've been pacing the hallway of the waiting room as we waited for Michelle's operation to end. She's been there for two hours now and not one doctor came to update us. When we got to the airport, I was filled with rage as i saw Dean strangle Michelle. She looked pale and weak and had blood on her face and clothes. Christian was on the ground with tears and a big bruise under his right eye. As Dean aimed his gun at Christian, my heart stopped beating. I felt helpless as there was nothing I could do to save him but Michelle took the bullet instead and I stopped breathing for a moment. The state she was in was horrifying. Her face was smeared with a bit of blood and some was dry around her mouth. She had bruises around her stomach and her wrists had rope marks that were a blueish colour. Dean was arrested and was charged with attempted murder. I'm happy this is finally over but it can't really be over once i know the love of my life is okay.

"Michelle Fields family?" The doctor called out. We stood up from our seats as we wait for the doctor to continue. "The operation was successful, we removed the bullet and she will be transferred to a room now."

"Can we see her?" Jemma asked

"We'll let you know when it's okay for you to see her, as for now she needs to rest. I'll send a nurse to you about the visitation arrangement." The doctor said and left.

"I'll be back, I'm going to Christian's room" I said and left the family.

---------

"How's he doing?"

"He's good. Due to the position he fall, he landed on his arm badly and this fractured it. He has a cast on that may need to stay on for three months. Either than that, he has a few cuts from the fall and the bruise under his eye that will go soon. He doesn't need to stay overnight so I'll discharge him." The doctor said

"Thank you" I said and the doctor left to get the documents i needed to sign.

"Hi Ian" Christian said as he woke up.

"Hey buddy, how you feeling?"

"I'm okay, my arm hurts but I'm strong, I'll be fine." He said "How's mommy?"

"She's good, they took her to a room now so she can rest."

"I saw what he did to her. He hit my mom and he hit me. I tried to protect her but he made it hard."

"I know buddy, you did a great job. I'm proud of how strong and brave you were. That man will never hurt you or mommy again."

"Okay...can i ask you a question?"

"Sure buddy,what is it?"

"How much do you love my mom?"

"I love her so so much and i love you too. I would never hurt your mom or you. You guys are important to me and I'll always protect you."

"I love you too, your really cool and I want..." he said as he had trouble saying what he wanted to say.

"You can tell me anything, don't worry."

"I told Dean that i didn't want him to be my dad...i told him that you are my dad. Ian i want you to be my dad and no one else. Your kind to me and mommy and you show love to me and mom. I always wanted a dad but I only had mommy but you are my daddy and i love you." Christian said and gave me a hug. I hugged him back and smiled.

"I love you too buddy and yes, I'll be honoured to be your dad Christian. Your a smart kid and I'll always be there for you."

"Thanks daddy"

"Your welcome son." The doctor came back in the room and I signed the release papers. While i signed, the doctor put a sling on Christian to support his arm. Once that was done, I carried my son back to where the family was waiting.