XXVI : Freefall (Sherlock)

It'd been three days since we'd rescued Kara. And she still hadn't woken up. After hours of complaining, John finally let me see her. I wished he hadn't. She looked ethereal, like a ghost. She was unnaturally pale, which stood out in stark contrast to her deep, brown hair which was fanned out around her, making her look like a fallen angel. But that was where the eerie resemblance stopped. Her face was covered in cuts and bruises of various lengths and sizes. Her leg was encased in cast which was disproportionate to her tiny frame. Her gaunt features were the results of severe malnourishment. My hands clenched into fist as I saw the bandages covering her arm. My nails pierced the skin of my palm as I realised the truth. Sure, Moriarty could be blamed for this. But in reality, it was all my fault. I let this happen to her, I failed to protect her. My eyes burned as I tried to keep my tears at bay. I left a note for John and Sara who'd gone to get coffee, then, grabbing my coat, I walked out of the hospital, ignoring the dull ache in my chest. I took a cab to Baker Street. I walked into my room and packed a suitcase. As I walked down the stairs, I avoided Sam's questioning gaze. "Free fall ?" I froze. Mrs Hudson stood behind me, looking at me sadly. "I have to." Was my reply. She gave me a small hug before letting me step outside, into the cold night. Pulling my phone out, I rang Mycroft "What now ?" He asked snidely. "Free fall." I Said morosely. He paused. "The car will be there in two minutes. And Sherlock- " he said sadly before I hung up, staring at the dark clouds collecting in the sky. It's the only way to protect her I thought.

AN : So, I might be able to do more that one chapter this week!! Hope you enjoyed.
Shoutouts :
Uilosris
iamsherlocked64
RedPanda1203
I love you guys so much and appreciate all of your votes and kind comments so much. Thank you soooo much Xx