Sherlock?

//Sherlock's POV

       Sherlock stared at the closed door. He shouldn't have come...but he did so he knocked. No response. 'No ones home' he thought...but he could hear John fumbling around for something upstairs. He knocked again...this time a bit hesitant... Still no response. He sighed an leaned against the door.  'I'm sorry...' He thought... 

"John?" He said, a bit too loudly, Sherlock realized and stepped back from the door.

He heard a small whisper and then more fumbling...and John running downstairs, crashing into a few items. "No...stop..." Sherlock whispered as he put his hood on and begin to dash away from John's flat.

       He ran around the corner of John's flat and sighed. He was a bit more relaxed until he heard John open the door. Sherlock tensed up and carefully peeked around the corner. 

His heart sank. 

        John's face...it pained Sherlock. As soon as he had opened that door he had a smile on his face. It was a small smile. A smile of hope. "Sherlock?" He barely whispered. What happened next hurt Sherlock even more. As quickly as that smile came it faded. Sherlock watched as John looked around for him. Searching for someone he wouldn't find. After a few minutes John sniffed and slowly walked back inside, taking one last look behind him and slammed the door shut.

       Sherlock hid behind the corner again and sighed. Then something crashed. Then there was a loud thud and screaming. Yelling. Cursing at nothing. John. Sherlock covered his mouth to hold in his gasp and sobs. He didn't like John breaking everything in his flat because of him. He slowly emerged from his hiding spot and walked towards the door. He thought about walking right in and calming John down. But he couldn't. He brushed his fingertips against the doorknob and slowly walked away, leaving John.