Lost Scarf

Sherlock sighed and began to walk away. He was nearly half way down the block when he heard a loud scream and then glass shatter afterwards. Quickly, he ran back to John's flat and banged on the door in hope that John would answer and he'd be perfectly fine. No one answered. He thought about kicking the door down, but that could trigger his cover being blown very quickly...besides, John never locked the door. Hopefully he didn't this time. Sherlock slowly turned the knob. Unlocked. Perfect. He ran inside and searched the house. As he ran passed John's room, something caught his eye. He looked inside and there was John...lying on the floor, slightly shivering, passed out, with bloody knuckles, and his hands pulled to his chest. Sherlock ran and knelt beside him. "John? John! Please...get up..." He pleaded over and over, but John didn't move. With one swift but careful move, Sherlock brought John into his arms and carried him to the restroom.

       Sherlock settled him down gently on the floor and turned on the cold water in the shower. He loosened his scarf and checked John's pulse...it was slowing down. Sherlock quickly picked him up and placed him into the cold water, sitting him up so he wouldn't swallow the water. Sherlock was  so concentrated with John, he didn't notice when his scarf slid off his neck. He gently splashed John's face with water "John? Don't worry John. You'll be fine..." He whispered. Sherlock sighed and lightly kissed John's forehead before getting up and walking out of the flat. It was cold out...and Sherlock's neck had suddenly gotten colder...but he didn't notice.

                                                                                                                        -  -  -  -

       John woke up a few minutes later, shivering from the cold water. He looked down at his clothes and gasped. He was drenched! He quickly turned perked up and switched off the cold shower. He reached around for a towel but his vision was all blurry so he couldn't make out what anything was. He reached further until he fingers brushed against a soft cloth. John quickly grabbed it and pulled it towards his face. But something happened. The smell. His smell. Sherlock.

John quickly pulled back and saw what he had grabbed.

Sherlock's scarf.