Catch up

Ryuunoske fled for as long as he could, looking over his shoulder and changing course at the barest of noises.

He had gotten away, and just in time too.

They had taken Shima-San and had her in the gallows of the interrogation ward before he'd even left the village.

All of that for a couple of brats!

Shima-San had fought but it wasn't enough, he should've helped her, he could have doubled back and kept the shinobi at bay long enough for her to get away, but he was scared.

He didn't want to go back, he couldn't go back, not back to prison, he had just left!

Now that the taste of freedom was on his tongue, never had open air tasted sweeter than the inside of a cell.

So he had run, for as long and as fast as he could- Ryuunoske didn't regret his decision for nothing longer than a minute.

But he had no where to go, no money, and barely any provisions- he had left his things in Konoha and didn't want to return in fear of being found and thrown in with Shima.

So he walked and ran through the lands of Tea and Trees, darted and stumbled to Rubber, and passed wearily to Silk where he rested for as long as he was able.

It was too long.

He was caught minutes before his departure, gagged and bound and doused in boiling water.

Ryuunoske was done for.

But he wasn't caught by Konoha's forces, they were bandits- he guessed- looking for some quick cash- he hoped- he didn't have much and offered even less for connections, he probably was going to die today.

They talked and argued over his head while he shook and trembled and soon a woman was shoved forward and they whispered and threatened the lady until she snapped at them and was hit for her back talk.

She took a seat in front of him and just stared until the guards grew impatient and began to talk.

Asking all the questions that Ryuunoske didn't want to give and didn't.

She would smile and laugh, stand up and look around as if to say "see? I told you so." And then leave the same way she came but with less resistance.

As soon as she did the guards were on him, punching and kicking, nicking and flaying.

Ryuunoske had felt guilt then, an overwhelming crash of it, he had done the same to those children and never did he sympathize with something more.

He broke over the next few days and the woman was there once again asking questions, a different angle every time, but still only seven questions.

He answered what he thought but then his heart lurched and his throat clenched and the tears were spilling and his soul was bared right then and there.

He cried wolf and whined like a puppy and by the time he finished the woman stood and instead of walking away she moved forward and touched his cheek and he felt grateful.

Such devotion and gratification in that one moment became all he knew because she was kind to him.

She was salvation, the light at the end of a dim and dank tunnel.

She had never hit him, never looked at him with disgust, she treated him like a human and not an object and Ryuunoske swore from the tips of his toes to the last hair on his head that he would die for this woman if asked.
____________________________________
Shima-San has been here for who knows how long, sequestered in the moist cell of mildew.

Her wrist had numbed long ago and her blood cloaked the cloth of her legs like a third layer.

She felt drained, not much to go on, but enough.

There was a weight in her soul, a cement force that pulled her eyes shut for minutes at a time.

The tongue in her mouth, lying heavy in her throat, was dry and parched; tasted like defeat.

Shima coughed and burbled, whimpered and lied, fought and resisted; she couldn't do much more.

But Kachimoni made her.

The woman was as sadistic as she looked dumb.

Her hands were dainty and yet they punched the air from her lungs lighting quick.

The polished toes strapped to heels dug and scratched her legs; stood on her feet.

The blonde starry eyed looked stared Shima down, innocently dumbfounded as metal wound into the scabbing wounds of three days ago.

For the first time in Shima's eight years of life as a Kunoichi of the leaf village.....for the first time in many minutes....the woman wished she had not f**ked up as badly as she did to get this.

Anko would've been a more preferable choice.
___________________________________
Samehara was the first to wake, it was....slow.

The girl had tensed and her hands had patted the bandages, crisp but worn.

How long has she been asleep?

"Look any harder and I think that you might actually burn a hole."

"Does it count if I feel burned?"

"Mmmh," considering. I don't think so."

Shizunda shifted, the sheets crinkled and dragged underneath him.

Skin rubbed against skin; a sigh. "Do you remember anything?"

".......Not much, well, besides the obvious."

"Is it as bad as I think it is?"

Shizunda shrugged and Samahara feathered her touch along her body, over the raised, smooth skin that felt alien.

The girl moved to say something and closed her mouth after a moment; there was nothing to say.

"....are you oka-"

"-no, I'm not, we've been tortured and used, but this time, this time it was because it was the wrong place at the wrong time.......I'm sick of this Shizunda, sick and tired of being used to further someone's personal vendetta, I want- no, I need this to stop, before you're hurt worse than this, before you become like me."

A buzz settled and ears popped; Shizunda's insides shriveled and he felt a little warm under the collar; regretful.

"I won't." He didn't know what else to say.

"No, you won't." lightly cracked lips pulled and lifted and teeth peeked from pink gums. "But sometimes even the most careful can't prevent what fate may sometimes hold."

———————————————————————————
Alright, let me just say that I apologize for such a long break in updating. The charger did not come as planned and instead I've gotten a new phone. That does not excuse however how long it has taken me to write this. The new phone came two and a half weeks ago and even then homework and clubs took number one priority so I apologize. I will make it my goal to publish more often to make up for my inactivity and hope that y'all will still continue to read my stories. Thank you for being so patient with me.