Chapter 2

A/N Ashton's favorite picture of her and her dad above :}

Ashton's POV

It was lunch and I was sitting outside, laughing with my friends. It hurt so bad to laugh because of the bruise that had already formed on my left cheekbone from where I had been punched. But honestly, I kind of rocked it, even if it did look bad. It was all black and purple and overall gross, but I still managed to make it look good. I know, I'm awesome.

"I still can't believe you slapped him!" Emma exclaimed. "I didn't know you had it in you!"

The whole school had been talking about the fight this morning, but most of all the aftermath of it. Some people were giving me glares while others were giving me high-fives and smiles.

"I know right! She straight up wacked him across the face! I would pay good money to see that in slo-mo." Charlotte laughed. The bell rang and I went to my locker. I opened it up to grab my books, but looked at all the pictures of my dad and my brother and me. My favorite one was the one when I was little and he was holding me in his hand. I took a shaky breath and sighed. I closed my locker door and turned only to come in contact with a rock hard wall and fall down, my books scattering around me.

No, it was not a wall but a chest, Jett's chest. I look up to see him laughing down at me.

"So, you're a little daddy's girl, huh Kitten? Gonna run home and tell him that the big bad boy hit you, yeah?" He questioned with a mock tone, his bottom lip poking out. I tried to hold back the tears that were brimming in my eyes, not only because my butt hurt from falling, but because he had just made fun of my deceased father.

I picked up my books and looked him in the eye, a stray tear running down my cheek. I held up the dog tag around my neck for him to read that said,

Aaron Becker

December 11, 1979 - May 18, 2018

A husband and a father

that will be missed dearly

"And don't call me Kitten."

I dropped the dog tag when his eyes widened and I walked away, tears streaming down my cheeks. I decided to skip the rest of the day. I ran out the doors and back to my house. I took off my clothes and changed into pjs, climbed into bed and fell asleep.