Chapter 3

A/N Jett and all his gloriousness above :)  

Jett's POV

I left lunch with my friends to go look for Becker. I saw her by her locker and decided to sneak up so she'd see me when she closed her locker. When I get there, I notice all the pictures of her and an older man that must be her dad. Ah, so she's a daddy's girl. This should be fun.

She closed her locker, turned around, and ran right into my chest, falling down on her butt with her books falling down everywhere. I burst out laughing. This is better than I thought.

"So, you're a little daddy's girl, huh Kitten? Gonna run home and tell him that the big bad boy hit you, yeah?" I said in a mock tone, sticking my bottom lip out in a fake pout just for extra measure. My friends laughed behind me. She looked up at me and I smirked, but it faltered when I saw a tear running down her cheek. But I quickly got it back up there.

That couldn't have hurt that bad could it?

She collected her books and stood up looking me in the eyes and held up a dog tag from the necklace she was wearing. It read,

Aaron Becker

December 11, 1979 - May 18, 2018

A husband and a father

that will be missed dearly

"And don't call me Kitten."

My eyes widened and my entire face dropped. She walked off and out of the door and sprinted down the street.

Oh God.

I was mean and I knew it but that was a low blow even for me. Someone cleared their throat and I turned to see Neo, an eyebrow raised.

" Well what did she say? None of us could hear her." he said.

"She showed me what her dog tag had said. Her dad died two months ago. I had no idea." I gulped.

Their faces mirrored mine.

I have to apologize.

What? No I don't. I'm Jett Stone, bad boy of Westwood. I don't have to apologize to some girl. But there was something about her I couldn't drop. She was different. She didn't drop to her knees at my feet or drool over me. I mean she slapped me for goodness sakes. But I had to focus on moving right now, I would think about her later.