Chapter 12

A/N the puppy ashton picks out

Ashton's POV

He rented out a flipping animal shelter.

"This has got to be the best date anyone has ever taken me on." I said, a bit breathless. He chuckled. "If you wanted to, you could pick one out to take home free of charge." My mouth dropped open. I ran into the shelter. It was filled with puppies and kittens to hamsters and birds. I squealed like a little girl and ran to a small golden retriever and sat down and cuddled with it.

"How did you even do this?!" I asked. My smile was bigger than I even thought.

"My uncle owns this place. I told him I had a pretty girl I wanted to do something special for, and he obliged." I stood up, making me way over to him. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close. I could sense his smile when he returned the hug. I felt fingers on my chin. He lifted my face up and kissed me gently. Our lips molded together, perfectly, like it was meant to be. It felt like a movie scene. We pulled back for air and rested our foreheads against each other's. We both had goofy smiles on our face before I heard a small yelp. I looked over to see a small husky puppy standing at my feet. I bent over to pick it up.

"Hey baby, what's your name?" I said, looking at his collar.

"He doesn't have a name on his collar? Does that mean I could name it?" I asked Jett. He nodded. "If that's the one you want to take home." I nodded vigorously. "Draco. Your name is Draco." I said.

"Why Draco? Isn't that a Harry Potter character?" Jett asked. "Not only just any Harry POtter character, but the best Harry Potter character of them all." I said. He chuckled. We stayed there for a few more hours, playing around with the animals and such. We even got a parrot to be able to say our names on command.

Afterwards, when we were standing on my porch, he asked the words I have wanted to hear for so long. "So, I know we've only been on one date and stuff, but I was wondering if you'd want to be my girlfriend?" he asked. I smiled. "Of course. I'd love to." He leaned in for another kiss, but Draco had other plans. We laughed and walked in with him. We played around with Draco some. I looked up into my boyfriend's eyes and smiled.

And it was then that I realized that I was finally happy. No grief or regret, just happiness. And it was all because of the Boy Next Door.