Whispers In The Dark

Yuto was out that night wondering from what happened muses on Yuto, that someone who looks just like him. He asks Zuzu if Yuto was the person who kept disappearing when her bracelet shone, and Zuzu looks at the bracelet, admitting that she doesn't know why Yuto would vanish when the bracelet shone, having assumed that Yuya was simply changing out of a costume, but Yuya had no reason to do that. Gong adds that Yuya didn't have any reason to attack LID either. After a brief moment of hesitation, Yuya asks about Yuto's intention to save their comrades through assaulting their enemy. Zuzu confirms that, and Gong asks who their enemy is, is it not LID? Zuzu begins to explain who it is. Yuto, meanwhile, enters Sora's room and stands over him. Gong is surprised that Yuto claimed that Fusion is their enemy. Yuya points out that Shay is Yuto's comrade, so this must be why he's so hostile towards Sora. Gong sighs, and asks if they ever asked Sora where he came from. Yuya and Zuzu explain that Sora avoided the question when they asked him. Gong suggests that as Yuto and Shay are Xyz users, Sora might be a member or an opposing Fusion school.

Yuto questions Sora

Yuto interrogates Sora in the hospital.

Yuya remembers Sora's demented admission that they hunted Shay and Yuto's people for fun as a game, and wonders if it's Sora's group that Yuto and Shay are trying to save their comrades from. In Sora's room, Sora wakes up to see Yuto standing there, and mistakes him for Yuya. Yuto tells Sora that he has some questions for him, and Sora's eyes snap fully open as he recognizes Yuto. Yuto asks where Lulu is, and Sora repeats the name in confusion.

Sora snaps at Yuto that he doesn't know any Lulu, and there's no way that he would anyway. Yuto asks if Sora knows where the hostages are, and Sora tells him that there are no prisoners of war; people who are hunted get put into cards, so she probably is too. Ignoring the stricken look on Yuto's face, Sora asks where Shay is, since he wants to find him and settle the score. He grabs his Duel Disk, and Yuto comments that the score has already been settled: Sora lost. Sora denies losing, claiming that he could never lose to Xyz scum, and he tells Yuto to take him to Shay, Sora will definitely beat Shay in to a pulp this time, if Sora goes all out, he can even beat someone like Shay. But his yelling has attracted the attention of two guards who enter the room. Yuto quickly dashes between them, and both Sora and the guards turn in pursuit. Sora yells at Yuto to wait and the guards protest that he shouldn't be moving around yet. Sora tells them to move, knocking them out with two swift punches. Yuya, Zuzu, and Gong notice the disruption as guards run around the area, and they overhear the guards deducing that Sora may have already escaped, deciding to warn headquarters. The group gasp in shock. Declan is swiftly informed by Claude, who volunteers to put together a search team. Declan reminds him that they're currently running a tournament and orders him not to make a scene, instead directing him to have the city's cameras confirm Sora's whereabouts. He'll meet them in the observation room. Zuzu explains to Yuya and Gong that Skip is on his way, and Gong suggests that they split up, he'll head towards the ocean. Yuya decides to head for Central Park, and Zuzu takes a different route.

The cameras catch up to Sora in Central Park, and in the observation room of the Leo Corporation, Declan, Claude, Shay and Riley watch him run across the screen and stop, panting. Claude orders a team to be sent out to recapture him. Declan tells him to wait. Sora looks at Yuto, who is standing on a stage in the middle of the Park with his back to the camera, and he screams at Yuto to bring Shay here. Yuto turns around and looks at Sora, and the camera shows his face. Claude gasps that it's Yuya, but Shay interjects, explaining that that is Yuto. Declan repeats the name in surprise, and Shay explains that Yuto is his comrade.

As the cameras continue to monitor Sora, Declan realizes that Yuto was the second Xyz user that had been attacking LID alongside Shay. Claude mutters that Yuto looks exactly like Yuya, and Declan notices Riley trembling at the sight of Yuto. Sora once again tells Yuto to hurry up and bring Shay. Yuto asks if Sora wants to Duel Shay again with those injuries, and Sora replies that he does, and this time he won't lose. He claims that "Xyz scum" are all destined to be hunted by him; Yuto, Shay, and even Lulu. Lulu's name provokes a reaction among both Yuto and Shay, and Sora continues further by stating that he could win easily if he went all out, and he won't show Yuto any mercy if he gets in Sora's way. He comments that he doesn't know what happened to Lulu, but she was probably turned into a card. Or maybe there might actually be a way to save her. Shay and Yuto both press for answers, and Sora claims that Lulu can be freed by destroying Sora and his friends, though it's impossible for the likes of Yuto and Shay. Shay scoffs, and turns to leave the control room.

Yuto begins his Duel with Sora.

At Central Park, Yuto activates his Duel Disk with the same flourish as Yuya does. Sora laughs that Yuto is finally feeling up to it, and he rips the plaster off his cheek and activates his own Duel Disk.