CHAPTER SEVEN

O 7 | Belief

"They found out what!?", Susan continued

"That we are hiding here!", he finally spoke.

"Who?"

"Lord Michael."

At those words, kids remained silent. Susan dragged Hope at one side, wanting to talk.

"You need to wake the wood. Now!", she whisperers looking at her brown eyes.

"But, how? I might not have enough energy!", Hope replied nervously. Her bright smile was fading.

"You can do this. I believe in you. We all believe in you.", she added looking at others and showing at them with her head. "Go, tell them everything."

"Fine, but you talk!", she said laughing. The two arrived back and Hope was quite nervous.

"We have something to show you.", Susan said getting strange glares from Pevensie's, Caspian and King. "Actually, Hope has something to show you.", she corrected.

Hope reached, nervously, to the nearest bush and passed with her hand over it - without touching. White sparkles appeared once more and giving the bush emerald green colour and red berries. Everyone gasped in wonder, eccept for Susan and Lucy. They were amazed, as rest of them joined the amazement.

"Is that the magic from the last night?", asked Edmund looking at Hope, she was wide smiling.

"I promised I'll show you tommorow. ", she answered nodding and raising her right hand, simeteical to her shoulder, as a sign of promise.

"Can you awake the whole wood now?", asked Peter stepping one step closer to her. She raised her shoulders, not knowing the answer.

"Maybe.", she whispered looking at the floor - well, groung, actually - emberassing.

"Can you atleast try?", he added looking at her deep brow eyes as she raised her head.

"I will.", she smiled, looking at Susan after Peter.

"We belive in you." Lucy and Edmund said at the same time making them both laugh.

"We have nothing if not belief.", Hope quoted Reepichip with a smile.

"I believe you'll take off that headband off your hair.", Eustace said annoyed crossing his arms.

"What?", they all gasped surprisingly, looking each others.

"I thought we were telling what's on our heart.", he added leaving everyone speachless.

"My ponytail - is on your heart?", Hope asked placing her hair at front patting it down.

"It irritates me! Plus, it hit me five times, already.", he answered angry.

"I'm sorry.", Hope gasps loud enough to be heared.

"You know, it's very annoying.", adds Peter not knowing what to expect as an answer.

"Fine. I'll just cut it off!", she screams pulling the headband out of her hair and letting it fall. She goes her fingers through it and adds. "Give me a sword or a knife. I don't know, I'll - I'll do it like Mulan!"

"Who's Mulan?", asks Lucy quietly looking at the two brunette girls.

"She's one of the Disney princesses and she - ", Susan was explaining it to her and she was cutted by Edmund.

"You can't cut - no - you won't cut off your hair!"

"You are acting crazy!", they yelled at the girl.

"Yes, I am crazy. Till now, I didn't think I was dreaming. But, it seems like am going to wake up very soon.", she added looking at every one of them, not smiling. She was acting strange.

"Let's just forget about this moment, alright?", asked Susan sharing glares with her sibilings as a sigh to stop. They nodded, apologiesing to Hope.

Hope started walking again, facing the trees in front of her. She needed to clear her head, many things happened and she wasn't sure about anything, now. She sat under the tree, as most of them, it was dead.

"Hope!", loud scream woke her from daydreaming and she turned her head around to face that person. It was dark haired boy, Edmund.

"What do you want?", she asked, gently shaking her head.

"It's just, uh, I'm sorry.", he sat next to her, on her left.

"For what?", she said, facing him and biting her lower lip.

"I don't know. I had a feeling that I had to do it.", he apologized placing his right hand behind as a support and his left hand was on his knee, hanging. She was sitting on his right and her legs were pressed at her chest, with her arms around them.

"It's alright.", she whispered, leaning her head at the tree she was sitting under. She accidentally put her hand on it where the white sparkles appeared and she gently jumped of her seat moving herself from the tree. "I forgot I can do that."

Edmund laughed, looking down at the ground. She slowly moved a bit closer to him, not knowing it. Her head turned around to see him, face him and his brown eyes. That's when she felt herself melting, looking at his eyes and then lips. Their faces got closer, leaning at each other.

"Quick, guys! We found something!", gentle voice yelled, shaking them both as they moved from each other. Hope turned her head around to see Susan, looking at them, having a guilty look at her face. She quickly got up, leaving Edmund on ground, but he followed, standing next to her. "Sorry.", Susan whispered at Hope, who was now by her side.

"Never mind. It's not like anything was about to happen.", she replied, faking a smile. Her glare droped to the ground, continuing to bite her lower lip.

"You're kidding me?", Susan laughed at her louder than usual. " You were leaning in for a kiss!", she gasped looking did anyone noticed her speak.

"Maybe, and just maybe, I like him. Just a bit.", Hope said embarrassed. "But do not tell anyone!", she threated her, through a joke and a laugh.

"I swear.", Susan spoke and two girls hugged each other, and after a while, joined their friends.