CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I 4 | The Great Lion

And once again, their foots touched sand in Narnia

And once again, their foots touched sand in Narnia. Sun was the only source of light. "We are home.", Lucy whispered looking at the day sky.

"I think it's time you finally see our castle.", Susan said to brunette as they were all walking.

"No, no. I came here to fight.", she answered sarcastically as they all laughed.

☯️

"Finally, some comfort. The ground is hard and food we had is humiliation!", Eustace complained as they were walking in the halls of the castle.

"I really missed his complaining.", Hope joked.

"This is Cair Paravel. It was ruined but rebuilt again.", Peter presented as Hope nodded.

"And this is your room.", Lucy joyfully joined conversation as she showed at one doors. "Our rooms are down the hall so if you need anything, just knock.", she explained with a smile.

"Thanks. So the party is tonight?", she smiled and asked as Susan nodded. "Then I'll certainly need help."

Hope opened the doors of her room, and as she saw everyone else go into theirs she closed them when she was in. Candles were placed on the walls as a source of light and the room was very big. Her king sized bed seemed so comfortable that she immediately jumped on it and layed. The ceiling was golden coloured as the walls were white.

"Uh, I need to get ready for the party.", she gasped in annoyance. She quickly got up and reached the bathroom that was apart of her own room. "Warm bath sounds great.", she added as she opened a faucet to let water sip into the tab.

☯️

After her bath, she wrapped a towel around her body. A knock on the door snapped her from thinking. "Who is it?", she gently asked after getting out of the bathroom.

"We brought you som dresses.", soft female voice was heared from the other side of the door. Hope quicky ran to it and opened them so three she-fauns came in. Her hair and her body was still soaking wet as the faun started to talk about dresses.

"You know what, just leave them here and I pick one later.", she answered nicely, but with a small annoyance. The faun nodded and left girl alone in her room.

Six dresses were placed on her bed. Velvet red, sky blue, sun yellow, emerald green, ametist purple and marine blue. The only one breathtaking for Hope out of them all was marine blue. She always liked blue, especially dark shades. But that often made her odd-one in her company. She put rest of the dresses on hangers and placed them in the grand closet.

She took the towel off her body as she swiftly jumped into her long blue dress. After she put it on, she looked at her reflection in the mirror near the closet. The dress was sleeveless with few black stripes starting at the beginning of the skirt and continuing down to the bottom. She, later, looked at her hair which was still wet. In the bathroom she couldn't find hairdryer so she couldn't dry it.

Hope made her way to the door, opened them a bit and peaked her head out. Looking at both directions, she spotted Lucy getting out of her room. She silently called her name, and when a girl finally saw Hope, she ran to her. "What's the problem?", she asked right before brunette pulled her in.

"Do you know where the hairdryer is?", she asked noticing laugh leaving Lucy's mouth.

"Sorry, but there are no dryers in Narnia. You can simply dry it with towel or sit next to the fire place.", she answered looking at the disappointed girl in front of her.

"Thanks.", she mumbled. "You look beautiful.", Hope added after taking a look on Lucy's dress. It was amber coloured.

"So do you. One certain king will be fascinated.", she answered with a smile on her face while leaving Hope alone with her thoughts.

She took another towel and sat next to the fireplace which already had burning flame. "What did she meant by that?", she thought out loud rubbing her hair with a towel.

After a long hour of sitting in front of the fire, Hope decided that her hair is dry enough. She walked to the mirror to see her reflection. Long curls fell over her chest hiding the corset of her dress, a bit.

She got close to the door and took a doorknob, but voices behind stopped her in that act. When she heard a knock, she opened the door and revealed two sisters standing in front. "Are you ready?", Susan asked with a smile on her face.

Hope nodded and closed the door behind her back, continuing to talk with girls. "What did you mean with certain king , Lucy?", she asked with both brows up.

"Edmund.", sisters said in unison and laughed.

"What? He and I? I mean, it's hardly...", Hope started to mumble random words with nervous laugh. Susan and Lucy looked at her raising their left brows. "You might be right.", she gasped, later adding a laugh when both sisters joined.

When they walked in the ballroom, people were bowed. Girls thought boys got down sooner, but were tricked when they heard them behind. "What are you standing there?", Peter joked and laughed when he saw girls as they turned around to face boys. "You look gorgeous.", he added looking at three of them. They smiled, but Hope a bit embarrassedly.

"Why are all these people bowing?", Susan asked her brother and he shook his head.

"Let's find out.", he said after walking into the ballroom.

"Why do I hate that frase?", Hope gasped following them lastly.

When all of them, without Eustace - who was still in his room -, got into the room, they understood the reason why all those people and creatures were bowed.

"Aslan!", Lucy spoke with a smile, running forward to the lion. He was standing in front of the five thrones of the kings and queens.

Kids ran to him happily and greeter him. As Hope bowed in front of him first, everyone followed. "Rise, my Kings and Queens!", Aslan roared as Caspian, Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy did so, with Hope still kneeling. "That counts you, my dear one.", he added with soft voice as brunette raised her head and later body.

"But I am not a queen.", she answered him with a smile respecting the truth king of Narnia.

"Not yet.", he said as one faun came by his side.

"Mr. Tumnus!", Lucy smiled after she realised who the faun was. He was holding a crown in his hands. It looked like it was solid gold, but when you take deep look it is golden ivy - not real, for sure, but the gold was.

Hope bowed her head as the faun was approaching. "And to a girl who brought peace to three lands, including Narnia, I give You Queen Hope The Grace!", Aslan spoke strongly as the faun placed a crown on girls head and she slightly laughed.

She once again bowed infront of the Great Lion and returned to her friends.