CHAPTER ELEVEN

I I |  The Idea

(let's just imagine this is Hope fainting)

"Edmund,", called Peter. "Are you ready?", he asked the boy who was in his armour.

"Yes, where is the scroll?", he replied to his brother. Peter handed him the roll which was the note for the Lord.

While Edmund, followed by Caspian, went to negotiate with Lord Michael, Lucy and Hope were thinking how will they find an army.

"If the wood is alive, maybe it can fight with us.", Lucy explained her plan. "I mean, that's what Aslan did every time.", she finished a bit sadder.

"If I open the portal and more than two persons pass through it, how could that impact me?", Hope asked trying to comfort herself.

"I - I don't know.", Lucy whispered. "There's no second part of the story. But I believe that it's not a happy ending."

"But, we can try. We have to!", Hope stood up leaving Lucy on the ground. Lucy followed her up and they were both standing.

"What if something happens to you?", younger girl asked worriedly.

Hope put her arms around Lucy's shoulders and pull her in a hug. "It won't. We'll be fine.", she gasped with a smile, still holding Lucy.

☯️

"With the grace of his people, King Peter of Narnia declares peace. Our warriors don't need war, but Lord Michael has the right to speak his mind. Signed High King Peter the Magnificent, of Narnia.", Edmund read the words Peter wrote as a warning.

Lord Michael, who was sitting in front of him slightly laughed. "So, you don't want to fight?", he asked seriously. Edmund nodded as the lord continued. "We know that Marineans are hiding in these woods. And now Narnians?"

"Yes, sir. But we are not hiding."

"I was planning to declare a war to Narnia after Marine. What makes you want to defend this little land, King?", Lord asked playing with Edmund's nerves.

But Edmund continued calmly. "To stop the war in Narnia, we need to stop you at first.", he snapped cutting Lord's words.

"I shall start the war!", old man said angrily. "And to make it more fair, half of my army will fight. According to your number.", he decided.

Edmund nodded seriously, and turned around to walk away.

☯️

"So, what did he say?", Peter asked his brother as he finally appeared at the place of their residence.

"He wants war.", Edmund said sitting on a rock.

"But we don't have an army!", Susan yelled consurened.

"That's way, I quote, half of his army will fight.", he explained what Lord said to him.

Hope ironically laugh. "He thinks we're gonna surrender?", she asked with the same amount of irony. "Well, I don't fall without a fight.", she added bravely, looking for Lucy.

The Pevensie's continued to talk and debate while the youngest of them appeared. "Hope!", she silently called.

She felt satisfaction when a girl finally turned her head to see her. She ran up to her. "Where were you?", Hope asked worriedly.

"I read the second part of the story. The girl did not die.", she exclaimed happily.

Hope smiled at her. "Can we bring army from Narnia?"

"I think so.", Lucy answered her. "But you have to open a portal and let me pass alone. By that time, you need to dragg other's attention so they won't notice I'm gone.", she explained her plan.

"But how? What should I say?", Hope nodded but asked confusingly.

"I don't know, find something.", Lucy replied as she dragged Hope by her hand outside. Hope passed her hand around two trees and imagined a portal to Narnia. Lucy smiled, and got into it.

"Now, what to do?", Hope asked herself as she moved from the portal. She sounded nervous. She entered the cave and saw that everyone was doing something.

"Susan and I are going outside.", whispered Caspian but Hope heared him and decided to stop them.

"No!", she screamed making everyone look at her. "I mean, I want to hear everything about your trip on the Dawn Treader.", she made an excuse in the last moment.

"Is it that urgent?", he asked disappointedly looking at her.

"Yes!", she screamed. "I am gonna die if I don't find out every single fact about that.", Hope replied really fast as he came to sit on a stone.

"Then I'll go with you, Susan.", Edmund comforted Susan as an act of help.

Hope quickly though about what could she do. And then it hit her. She fainted which made everyone come to her. They were panicked and didn't know what to do.

"Quick, someone go to find Lucy.", Peter ordered as he was checking is she breathing.

Edmund swiftly got up and went for help but he was stopped. "No need, I'm fine.", Hope said getting up in a standing position. "It was just a shock, for sure.", she added nervously laughing.

They all quickly got up and came back to the jobs they previously did. "You wanna hear a story?", asked Caspian as he returned to the rock.

Hope nervously nodded as she came to him. "I think we should all stay here and listen to his story.", she added, some words saying louder (the bolded words).

They all inhaled annoyingly and sat around Caspian.

What to do next? Hope asked herself while listening to Caspian's story about how he decided to find Seven Lords of Telmar. She continued to smile, but couldn't stop sweating, as it seemed to her.

A / N : Hope literally fell like Snow White