sixteen

ariana's pov

i woke up pretty early this morning.

i was so excited.

Christmas Eve!

i got up, put my makeup on, did my hair half up half down, and brushed my teeth.

i went upstairs and up in the attic. i grabbed the presents i had gotten and stuck them under the tree.

i went back downstairs and put my phone on my Christmas playlist.

my headphones were on, so i couldn't hear anything.

i started to make some french toast. after i was done with that, i started on turkey sausage.

i was rocking out to "Winter Wonderland" and i almost dropped dead right there when i felt a pair of hands on my waist.

i turned sharply to see nash.

i smiled and he kissed my temple while laughing.

"babe you scared me" i said and he just continued to laugh.

"sorry, i didn't mean to. need help?"

i nodded and he helped just as i did yesterday with cam.

-

all of us were sitting at the table eating.

even my parents and nash's. we invited them because this is a family day.

we were all kind of eating in silence.

"So what have you guys been up to?" Elizabeth asked, breaking the silence.

"we've been hanging out, you know. everything's been pretty low key." hayes responded.

we all slowly nodded.

i felt really awkward, i dont know why.

"so ari, i've heard about how you're pretty much famous now." my mom said.

"uh.. yeah.. um i wouldn't say famous i just have a lot of followers.. so does anna." i replied.

"when were you planning on telling us this?" my dad asked.

"um.. i was going to wait until tomorrow.." i said.

"well i just want you to know we are very proud of you." my dad added.

i started blushing because all the attention was towards me.

"thanks dad.." i said and he nodded.

"so.. uh.. what's the plan for tomorrow?" cam asked.

"first you guys will open up your presents here and then you'll come over to our place and open them there." Mike said.

we all nodded and agreed.

"Skylynn are you excited for Santa to come?" Nash asked.

she smiled brightly and nodded.

"we'll put out cookies and milk for him tonight." he added.

"what about carrots?" she asked.

"what? uh.. oh yeah! for the reindeer right?" nash said/asked.

"mhm! the reindeer has to have some food too! especially rudolph!" she exclaimed.

we all kind of chucked and finished our food. the adults did the dishes and all the kids went on our phones.

"alrights kids, we're going back to the cabin. have fun tonight, see you in the morning." my mom said and they headed back.

-

we all were wiping our tears from laughing so hard at my favorite Christmas movie, Elf.

"that movie is so funny.." nash said in between fits of laughter.

"yeah i agree, what do you guys wanna do now?" i asked and we all thought for a bit.

it was already 5:30, we all pretty much watched a marathon of Christmas movies.

"we could build a fire and tell old stories from the past Christmases?" cam suggested playfully but we all came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be a bad idea.

after the fire had been built and it was going pretty good, we all sat around it on the carpet.

"should we all go in a circle?" anna asked.

"yeah, anna you start since you're on the end." hayes said.

"ok um.. let me think a minute."

"OH! ok.. um.. i remember my first Christmas spent with Ari after my dad died.. we were in second grade and the night before we were by the fire telling ghost stories and i remember that night we got scared so we slept in the same bed. when we woke up, it was the best feeling ever. there were so many presents for us, ugh it was perfect. we shredded the wrapping paper over our brand new presents. we had such a good time back then when i lived with her. it was so fun."

she had finished and the tears started brimming in both of our eyes as we hugged each other.

everyone else just kinda looked at each other weirdly.

next up was cameron. he reminded all of us about last christmas when we were all up here at the cabins for the first time.

we all just kind of smiled at the memories of last year.

next up was me, i didnt want to be too emotional.

"i remember one christmas i was with the griers and we were all spending christmas eve together. we all played tag outside. it was hayes, nash and i. we all got tired and went inside for hot cocoa, and that night we sat by the fire and read "The Night Before Christmas" and we all heard santa on the roof so we went to bed quickly. the next morning we all woke up and saw that he had come! we spent all day eating and opening presents."

i was on the edge if crying, but i wiped my tears before they could escape.

i kissed nash and we continued on with the stories.

last was skylynn.

"i um.. i remember one time i got up and all the cookies and milk was gone! that just proves he's real!"

we were all trying our best not to crack up.

"i remember that too sky!" nash said.

"alright it's getting to be bed time, lets go put cookies and milk out. we dont want santa to find us awake, do we?" hayes asked.

she quickly shook her head and followed hayes to get the cookies and milk.

i was pretty beat, and i had everything prepared for tomorrow. so i decided to get to bed.

please be a good christmas, i prayed before shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

-

hey guys

i was listening to Ariana's "O Holy Night" and im like crying and i think every part of my body is covered in goosebumps

ok sorry. this chapter was hard to write, i'm not going through the best time right now.

100 reads🎊 love you.

ok bye, its christmas tomorrow👏👏 😂

-jolie🌚🌝