twenty four

ariana's pov

i tapped my foot anxiously as nash and i sat hand in hand, searching for an expression on Mr. William's face.

we were sitting in a tiny room for a gigantic building.

we had just finished listening to my song, i cringed at the thought of him criticizing, but i was going to have to take it.

we sat in silence for what seemed like forever, until he finally spoke.

"it's very good."

i let out a breath i didnt realize i was holding.

i smiled and thanked him.

"you're welcome. i don't usually say these type of things, but i see big events in your future."

i raised an eyebrow.

"w- what do you mean?"

"i mean, i need to make something big out of this." he pointed to the cd player with my track on it.

nash and i both sat in complete shock.

"mr. williams, i just hav-"

"don't say anything." he interrupted me.

"i need to ask you something." he said blankly.

"anything.."

"do you have any more songs prepared?"

i shook my head and somehow his expression dropped.

"i have some songs that people that work for me write. i want you to learn them. i want you to practice them. and i need you to write a few more songs. in two weeks, you come back here and record them. we'll make an album, and i'll pay you 500,000 dollars, just for recording them."

i choked on the Smart water they had provided for nash and i.

nash and i looked at each other in shock and we both had the slightest smile on our faces. we both knew that we were holding in a scream.

mr. williams cleared his throat impatiently.

nash nodded at me and i tried to sound as professional as possible.

"alright, five hundred thousand is alright. may i have the music?" i tried to sound the slightest bit snobby as if i were the boss.

he rolled his eyes and excused himself out of the room to go "fetch" the music.

i looked over at nash and he covered my mouth so i wouldnt scream.

i giggled and he kissed me softly.

"nash this isn't real.." i said.

"it is, babe."

i smiled and he kissed my temple.

"what happens when we move?" i asked.

"we won't announce the move, everyone will still think we're in LA." nash said simply.

yesterday nash and cam put an offer on the house, we get results any time now.

mr. williams walks back into the room with a bunch of papers in his hand.

he handed me most of the pile, which were my songs.

he set the other few papers on the desk.

he handed me a pen.

"are you willing to take the responsibilities on this contract?"

i looked down at all of the papers and nervously nodded.