Chapter 7: Meet the family

I stood staring at the white door with a stained glass pattern in the window; the butterflies in my stomach were already flying around like someone had blown an air horn making them go crazy. I let Carter grab Harley out of the car, he was getting too heavy and my back just couldn’t take it anymore.

“Knocked yet?” he asked coming to stand next to me. Well not exactly. I hand done it in my head just not in reality, does that count as knocking?

“Not really”

“Luke, open the damn door!” he yelled shifting Harley on his hip and covering his ears.

“Shh, you’ll wake Harley”

“He’s already awake, aren’t you buddy?” he kissed the top of Harley’s head making him rise his little head off of Carters shoulder and started rubbing his eyes. Great.

The door opened and I was meet with familiar blue eyes and dark hair, it is freaky at how much all of the boys looked the same.

“Took you long enough” Carter said walking in past his cousin in to the house.

“Up the stairs and to the right!” he called after Carter before turning to me. “You must be Melly mouse” oh god I am going to murder Josh, was I ever going to outlive that nickname?

“I take it Josh bet us here”

“Yeah” he chuckled “come on in, I’m Luke by the way, it’s nice to finally meet you” he said holding out his hand; I shook it firmly and walked in quickly admiring the home. It was almost like a replica of the one in our territory but with a few extra little changes and most of it being white and gold.

“You too, although I hadn’t heard about you until a few minutes ago”

“Not even from Josh or Cory?”

“Sorry” I shook my head.

“Well, I’ll have to teach my brothers some manners then”

I followed him into a lounge room were a young women maybe a little older than me sat with a little girl kneeling down at the coffee table in front of her. The women had blond hair and blue eyes; she was beautiful with her slim figure and high cheek bones; while the little girl was obviously Liam’s daughter since she was the spitting image of him with dark hair and bright blue eyes. A chill ran up my spin at how much she resembled Lilly in the woods.

“Hi I’m Kate, Liam’s mate” she said walking over and giving me a hug.

Quickly smiling and introducing myself I followed her to the couch while Liam took a seat next to Kate.

“This is our daughter Mia she is turning four soon”

“Well you can’t half tell” I joked around smiling down at the little girl who rubbed her eyes.

“I’m so glad you finally came I’ve been begging Carter for years to bring you but well you know. It gets so boring up here alone.”

“I know right, sometimes I think I am going insane in that house by myself” I agreed.

“See she gets it, and you thought I was going crazy” she giggled elbowing Liam.

“So you grew up with Carter?” I asked wanting to at least get some information out of them while we were alone. In the three years I’ve known him he hasn’t told me a thing about his family, everything I know – which is that his parents died and he grew up with the twins – I had heard from everyone else.