Chapter Two: Secret In The Dreams.

"In one aspect, yes, I believe in ghosts, but we create them

"In one aspect, yes, I believe in ghosts, but we create them. We haunt ourselves." ~Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls
🕊♡ .°
~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

     "Beep.....Beep....Beep" What is the annoying sound? It doesn't sound like my phone-speaking of that annoying cellular device. I reached my hand next down by my side where my phone would originally be placed, but to my dismay, it was missing.
     "What the-" I moaned, my voice parched. I mentally reminded myself to go get water after I check my notifications and then go get breakfast. It was part of my daily routine. I would wake up, check notifications, go get breakfast and record some videos on the other channels. "Ow, what is that?" My thought were cut short when I've managed to cause to myself pain as I tried to turn over in the bed. A sudden pain was shot through my head and arm. "Oh no!" I shot up in bed after remembering the horrid memories of last night. Perhaps I sat up to quickly, my whole body started to ache. My eyes wandered the room. It was a plain hospital bed, I looked to my left and right. All alone. I swished my short legs over the edge of the bed and tried to stand but something was caught on my arm. It was a needle connected to the monitor, I pulled it out. My body pushed forward and I flew off the bed, expecting my legs to be in full function, but instead I harshly collided with the freezing ground. Apparently my arm had a needle sticking inside of it, the needle was connected to the medical monitors and it clattered to the ground. The crash caused it to shatter to the ground. I ripped out the needle and it stung my arm. I should've been more careful since my arm started to draw blood, I winced at the pain. I hugged the ground and laid their.
     "What in the world?" Someone bellowed from outside as I heard the door being thrown open. I opened my hazel eyes and looked at the white tiled floor.
     "He's gone- wait never mind. He's right here" another female voice corrected herself as she stepped deeper in the room to find myself flat on the ground. He had pale skin and strawberry blond short hair with freckles on her nose an cheeks. "Susie, go grab doctor Todd and tell him that Vikram Barns is awake"
     "On it, Valerie!" The nurse named Susie had squat down next to me. She helped me into a seated position before taking her arm under my armpits and pulling myself back into the uncomfortable bed with a thin blanket and hard pillow. She cleaned my arm and connected the needle back into it. She moved onto cleaning the floor where apparently I spilled some blood.
"Thanks...."
"Your welcome, Mr. Barns. Don't do it again, I swear I will kill you" she hissed as she stoped cleaning and stained me dead in my eyes. She made me swear not to get out of this bed unless if one of the nurses were in the room with me.
     "Thank you very much, nurse Susie. Go get the perspective medicine and shots and don't scare the poor boy." He spoke with a dark husky voice. His light skin hand dusted off the dirt on his white jacket as he ordered the two women around and about.
     "Alright then, come on Susie!" The original voice said. I turned around to be faced with a younger woman, probably around my age, with glasses. She had long brunette wavy but flat hair. Her brunette eyes came across mine as she and the older left.
     "Hello, I'm doctor Todd and I'm here to assist you" Doctor Todd introduced. I guessed that he seamed to be old considering the gray hair settling in at the top of his head. If it's not old age, then it might be stress.
     "..Hi..." I answered back. I need to get some water, my poor voice.
     "Vikram Barns, how are you feeling?" He asked me as he picks up a clipboard at the foot of the bed.
     "Thirsty"
     "Theirs water at the side of your bed, go ahead. It's for you, drink it.......ok, good. Now how are you feeling?"
     "Great"
     "That's great, you remember anything that has happened the day before?"
     "Barely"
     "You and six other males were involved in a car crash. Your small van collided with a car with a drunk driver. You have some minor injuries to your body, your legs are paralyzed. The only real damage is your right eye-" I reached my small tan hand up to my eye, it was bandaged "-you may not ever be able to see out of it ever again, but we'll see"
     "What about the boys-?"
     "-The boys?-" He gave me a questionable look as he cut me off.
     "-ah, the other men in the car crash" I rephrased my sentence. He gave me an upsetting glance. Pain filled my heart and I prayed for the best.
     "They- They....they drowned..." he broke the news to me.
"H-h.....how?" I croaked. I feel the tears pricking at my eyes, but I pushed them back.
"They we're trapped in the car. We had the police try and revive them, but they were lifeless when we reached them and got them out." I couldn't hold it it, halfway through the story I broke. My body viscously shook as tears streamed down my face and onto the bed sheets. It was quiet. The only thing you could hear was my cry's as they echoed the plain white room. I felt the bed rise and Im suggesting that he got up. "I-I'll leave you, ring the bell for assistance. Ok, Vikram? We'll talk about your release and such forth later. Ok?" I couldn't answer him.

~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
🕊♡ .°

°