Chapter Thirteen: Court Case. (part one)

(Please forgive me, I have no knowledge of court cases, the only thing I know is from reading "to kill a mockingbird" and a bit of "law and order")"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."~Albert Einstein
🕊♡ .°
~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"All rise for judge Makenzie Niven" the officer yelled I was helped up from the wheelchair from my lawyer. 43 year old Vivi Stevens. The officer then yelled at us to sit down and she helped me back into the wheelchair. I looked at the desk and started to scratch it. Lawyer Vivi hit my arm and gave me a stern look before she stood up and introduced herself.
"My name is Vivi Stevens and I'm here on the defendant side with Vikram barns, accusing twenty seven year old, Phillip Hernandez, of drunk driving and murder" she spoke loud and clear. She then sat down when judge Niven told her to and asked the lawyer defending Phillip Hernandez to stand up. He introduced himself as Jose Adams. "Pay attention and look up!" She hissed in my ear before she started to talk and walk. I dose out of it and looked longingly at the judge.
"This is boring" Simon sighed from sitting down in lawyer Stevens seat, Harry seated on his lap."How long does this take?
"It can go on for days" Josh informs from his seat at the table.
"Is this who killed us? I swear if he doesn't get put in jail, I'm coming after him" JJ yelled to us from standing in front of Phillip.
"How? By punching him with your ghost arms?" Tobi snorted"you can't harm him"
"We can haunt him!" JJ evilly grinned.
"All riseeeeee!" Ethan yelled from standing next to the officer. Tobi, Josh and JJ rose while Simon and Harry stayed still. "Turn left" they turned to the left. "Face forward! I didn't tell you to move!" Ethan yelled at them.
"Ah, forget this If your going to play like that" Tobi fixed his hat and sat down.
"I'm calling a witness to the stand. Officer Jones!" Lawyer Stevens shouted.
"I CALL DIBS!" Ethan yelled as he sat in the chair. "MY SEAT JONES, FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE!"
"For peaks sake, Ethan get up" Josh told him. Ethan got up and sat down next to judge Niven.
"Why are you guys here? You can leave me to suffer here alone" I mumbled to Harry and Simon.
Simon turned his glance from the judge and onto me "what else would we do? Just enjoy our company, we're not going to leave any time soon"
"Just think of it as where haunting you!" Harry joined in on the conversation.
"That's all for now, Stevens. You may return to your seat and we're going to have a short break" the judge banged his hammer and left the room. Everyone else started to figure out what to do in the short while.
"How is it going?" I asked Vivi as she walked back over to me. Harry and Simon rose from where they were seated in order for Vivi to sit.
"Uhh, it's too early to make a call, but I'll say that it's going pretty well" she gave me a smile as she ruffled my hair. "Good job keeping your head up and paying attention. If you put your head down, that shows weakness"
"Pfff, she thinks that your paying attention" JJ rolled his eyes at the older female.
"I mean, I wouldn't" Josh defended me.
Vivi pulled back my attention. "Is their anywhere you wanna go?" Home?
"No thanks"
"Alright then, Im going to go to the ladies room. I'll be back before it starts again"
"Alright then"
"Don't worry, we've got this"
"I sure hope so" Tobi mumbled as she walked up and out of the room.

~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
🕊♡ .°

°