Chapter Three: Courage?

"A big part of depression is feeling really lonely, even if you're in a room full of a million people

"A big part of depression is feeling really lonely, even if you're in a room full of a million people." ~Lilly Singh
🕊♡ .°
~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Numb, that's what I've felt and only felt. I haven't been able to move or to see out of my right eye. I reached up to the bloody cloth, the change it at least once a day. I let my hand drop as I stare out the window onto the beautiful land. I've talked to doctor Todd and he told me their were three things that I must do in order to leave. One, I must be able to hold myself up for a minute. Two, I must have at least five or more days here. Three, I must be in the best shape that I can be in (my legs and eye must be the closest thing to being better) and then I'm freed. They've started some training with me to be able to get me onto my feet. It wasn't working well, they won't release me until I could walk. They had also provided my phone to me to do what I pleased. I look through the phone once, but everywhere I went, I was reminded of their deaths. Onto Facebook, onto Twitter, onto youtube.... everywhere I went, I was reminded. I shut off the phone, not caring if someone had called me.
"Hello, Vikram. I'm here to change the bandages and then we can get to your therapy!" Nurse Valarie chinded as she threw open my door. It had startled me out of my nightmares, but only for a second. She proceeded to clean up my eye and bandages it once more. She then pushed in a wheelchair and helped me onto it.
"Thank you" I hate this thing. More so, I'm embarrassed about sitting here. If I'm able to, I would walk over their. Hell, I'll drag myself over to the therapist. Anything not to be seated in this prison!
"Just a little longer and uncross your arms! For Peet's sake, your not a child!" Nurse valarie scolded me. She knew how much I've hated this thing after days of me trying to escape it.
"Fine." I growled as I slumped back in the seat. We arrived and we went on with the procedures. She asked me a lot of questions, like how was my eye, my legs, what was my career choice and how I was feeling. She moved me over to where we would help me learn how to walk again. At this point I don't think so...
"Vikram, hold onto the bars! Don't let go!" Dr. Cameron commanded for me to do before I plopped to the ground after the third try of trying to get my left foot moving. She moved her dark tan hands under my arms and helped me try again.
"I....don't have....nugh, a lot...of upper...upper body strength!" I struggled to get out as I was once again holding myself up.
"You say this every time"
"But I mean it, I'm never going to be able to walk!"
"Not if you keep doubting yourself! The more you say it, the more you believe it!"
"But-" my legs crashed to the ground and I felt like yelling. I did just so.
"Calm down, lets try it from the-"
"-No!"
"Yes! Just one more time and we'll be done!" She yelled back at me.
"Can't I just leave! I'm done with this! I'll never be able to walk!" I felt tears burning at my eyes. I held it in, I only cry when I'm alone. If I cry now, then they'll keep me for longer.
"I believe in you!" She shouted at me. If you were to walk by the room right now, you'll be fairly confused.
"I can't do it! You know I can't, we've tried for three days! I can't be patient any longer! Why can't we giv-" I ranted before she rudely cut me off.
"-Their you go! Your got it!" She praised me. I hadn't released that I had moved my left foot. I started to cry, but tears of joy in my accomplish.
"I did it! I really did-" my legs gave out at me and I collapsed to the ground.

~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
🕊♡ .°

°