십삼

Y/n pov

"Oh come on Y/n... he was our only hope right now..." Taehyung cooed at me while pressing the ice pack to his bruised jaw which I could be held responsible for, as we both leaned on the hood of my car watching Jungkook and his team get to work. I ignored him yet again as I refused to talk to him. "Oh come on, you've already broken one of my teeth isn't that enough." he argued as I still didn't spare him a glance.

I was mad at him. For what? for even suggesting Jungkook and that purple bruise on his jaw was a clear reminder of that.

He was smart and took the pistol out of my hand, or else... his injury would've definitely been worse.

Why do I hate Jungkook so much you ask? I don't... well maybe I do. Its just we have the weirdest relationship history. 

Its all of those cheesy teen romance novels put together.

God! where do I begin...

Firstly, we joined Taehyung at the same time... as in on the same day and because of that we grew quite close since we helped each other at work and became best buds. Mind you I was just a teen then, AND OF COURSE, about a year later I started to catch feelings for the sweet boy and mistook his kindness as feelings, and our friendship as chemistry.

We had this Christmas party thing (That Taehyung insisted we have), and I had decided to confess to him under the mistletoe, typical cheesy teen mainstream shit, only for him to turn up with his plus one; his girlfriend.

Like any other heartbroken hormonal teenager I, for some reason, was angry at him for giving me 'false hope' and 'mixed signals'... shit I'd read in fanfictions. Days went by, I refused to talk to him and Tae desperately tried to comfort me because he was being the friend he'd promised he'd be (partly because I refused to take up any assignments). After wards we did in fact make up and everything was going well, I was definitely not over him but, I'd learnt to hide my feelings very well, which is a skill I'm glad I developed . I had become friends good friends with his girlfriend at the time too.

A few months after the incident Jungkook comes home, my home, late at night... well early in the morning, drunk, tired... and well very very hurt.

He'd broken up with her. She cheated.

Now let me just summarize the events that took place then : He stayed the night, said he had started to like me and didn't realize it soon enough, we were officially together by morning.

Now everything went well again until I met up with his ex, we were 'friends' remember. She revealed to me that he was in fact the one who spent the night out with someone else and that she'd dumped him, not the other way around... therefore proving that all the affectionate sweet words he'd said to me that night were utter bullshit. He had been lying the whole time, using me probably to get over her, I went home with rage, I felt deceived and truly hurt at the fact that I was nothing but an alternative for him, a replacement.

STUPID Y/n decides to take revenge by cheating with some random hottie at college... and that is what she did. He found out of course... kind of what I was aiming for.

Now what makes it worse... is that, turns out it was his ex who was lying. Not him. She was seeing someone else behind his back the WHOLE time they were together. Taehyung later showed me all the proof. Well all of this was too overewhelming for me. So I broke it off with him (well obviously)... and lived in agonizingly painful awkwardness.(fuckin confusing I knowww... *sigh* I don't know why I thought this was a good idea)

Magically, he decided he didn't want to work as an agent anymore and wanted to help with training the sub units instead which proved to be both helpful and hectic for me.