Chapter 3 (Dark Mission)

Natasha's POV:

I walked out of the hall way at 5:50 am. I was ready for the mission. My stingers were charged, but for some reason I actually don't want to go on this mission, something felt wrong about today.

When I walked into the quinjet everyone was already buckled in.
stark had a suspicious look on his face and said "Your late again! Why are you late anyways?"
I looked at stark "That's none of your Business!"
Clint jokingly said "Did someone not get enough sleep!"
We all started to laugh.

I turned around to see Steve siting down. He was wearing his stealth suit. That was my favorite suit because it reminded me of our mission during the winter soldier. I sat down next to him.
"Hey Steve!"
"Hey Nat!"
I wanted to tell him about the bad dreams I was having, but I knew if I told him, he would worry to much.
He looked down at me "hey don't forget to buckle up! I want you to be safe. here I'll do it."
He leaned over me and put on my seat belt.
I scratched my head "So how's the dating thing going on???"
Steve looked at me with this worried face "Ummm well Clint said he found a girl who actually works in the building, but apparently she's nice."
Clint turned around "What are you talking about Steve I said she was hot!"
Steve turned back to me "I'm not sure she doesn't seem like my type. I've never met her."
I sat there silent for a long time. I really didn't feel comfortable when he talked about other girls like that, But I didn't want Steve to know that either. I rested my head on his shoulder and fell asleep. I feel safe when I sleep next to him.

Break
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve's POV:

I do have to admit Natasha looks cute when she sleeps. she looked so calm and innocent, with no worries.

Maria turned around "hey Steve you might want to wake her up. we're about to land."

"Hey Nat." I said softly while playing with her hair. "we're here."
She slowly started to move
"Oh sorry Steve I didn't mean to sleep on you for that long!"
"Hey it's fine. you were keeping me warm anyways."
She smiled at me. her lips looked so soft.

Bruce yelled "ok it's go time! I suggest you get out before I wind up smashing one of you guys."

We walked out behind a big boulder.
Clint whispered "ok guys I have a feeling they know we're here so I think we should just go all out."
Bruce looked at every one "ya lets just get this over with."
Tony almost yelled "wait let me get my suit on!!!"
Natasha put her hand over his mouth "shhhhhh they might hear you."
I peeked over the rock. There was exactly 20 men lined outside of a huge ware house.
I looked back at Tony "you got the flash drive?"
Tony yelled "Yep right here!"

Some guy yelled "HEY WHO'S THERE!!!" he started to shoot with the 20 other guys.

Clint looked at Tony "shit stark way to go now they know where we are!"
Tony shrugged "sorry! lets go bird boy." He grabbed Clint and flew him to the top of the building so he could shoot arrows.

I spoke into my ear piece "don't forget the flash drive!"

Natasha looked at some of the bad guys. "Hey hulk do you want to go first so you can scare some of them.
He yelled then charged at the crowed of men.
Natasha looked at Steve "I'm taking that as a yes!"

"Ready Nat? you take right I take left!"
She wrapped her arms around me, pulled out her guns "you be carful ok? now let's do this!"
I looked at her green eyes "don't worry I'll be fine."

I ran out to the battle field and rammed my shield into some guys gut. Then threw my shield at some guys head and ricocheted back to me. there was so many gun shots it was hard to hear any thing. I glanced over once in awhile to check on Natasha. I turned around to see this massive guy he started to shoot at me, but my shield blocked all of his hits. It seemed he was out of bullets, so he charged at me and pined me down. why is this guy so heavy. I tried to kick him off of me, but suddenly I herd a gun shot and then a scream....

"Natasha!?!"
The only thing I could think of is the worst thing possible. I need to get to her now, but this stupid guy Is still on me. with all my strength I pushed him off then sprinted to Natasha.
I saw her on her knees bending over.
"Natasha!!! What's wrong please tell me!" This is probably the worst feeling I have ever had. I should have checked on her more.
I started crying "Natasha! Tell me!"
She looked up at me but no words came out. she lifted her hands...and they were covered in blood. tears started to drip down my face. she can't die, not today. I picked her up in my arms and rushed for the Quinjet.
I screamed into the ear piece "FALLBACK NATASHA IS DOWN."

I sat her down before going into the quinjet her eyes started to close.
"NO!!!! NATASHA PLEASE DONT DIE ON ME!!! YOU CANT!"
Here eyes were closed now and her body was limp, but she was still breathing. i needed to stop the bleeding from her stomach. I tore off my sleeve and tied it around her waist.

I picked Natasha back up and sprinted into the jet. I sat down in a chair with her still in my arms an started to cry. Everyone rushed in and Maria took off. Every one seemed panicked and nervous.
I looked at Bruce "Will she be all right."
Bruce examined the wound "She needs surgery as soon as possible."

Maria landed the quinjet. When they landed the nurses quickly put her on a gurney and rolled her away to the medical room. I tried to run with her but Bruce told me I need to stay away because I could get in the way, so I waited in the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in the hallway for about 12 hrs.
I cried for most of it, but I was just so worried about losing her. I don't even know what I would do without her.

Bruce walked out. I franticly ran towards him "IS SHE ALIVE!?!"
Bruce put his hand on my shoulder "calm down."
"Tell me!"
he looked worried "Well there's good news and bad..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:
Thanks for reading
Comment what you think!