Chapter 21

The I heard words that I never thought mom would say, "why do you use your cancer as an excuse?!"

I then heard a door slam and mom crying. I then started to cry. I felt weak. I fell onto the ground and cried. Grayson came out of his room and sat down next to me. He then said, "phoenix don't worry, mom is probably just tired. she'll apologize."
He then put his arm around my back and pulled me in closer. I laid my head on his shoulder.
  After a good five minutes grayson and I went into my room. He pulled out my tv remote and asked, "what show do you want to watch?"
"I shouldn't be watching tv with my concussion.."
"oh right,, do you want to play a board game?"
"sure"

He went to the closet upstairs and grabbed uno. Uno was my favorite game ever. Whenever we would have friends over I would always make them play uno.
Grayson came back into my room and started shuffling the cards. He then gave me five cards which were 9 blue, 8 green, reverse, skip, and 4 blue. Grayson called Ethan and Cameron in so they can play with us.
We started to play and I was so far winning with only two cards left. It was Ethan's turn and he used his skip card which skipped me. It was now Cameron's turn and she put down 5 yellow. Grayson then placed down all of his cards and yelled, "UNO!" I throw my cards down and let out a big and long "ugh"
   We then heard the front door open and we went to go see who it was. It was dad. He apologizes to mom then came upstairs. He came into my room and sat down on the  chair at my desk. He then apologized to us about how he always uses "cancer as an excuse" and at that moment Grayson lashed out, "Dad! Don't let mom make you feel bad because you have cancer! It was wrong for what she said and if anything she should be the one apologizing to us!"
Dad was shocked because Grayson was always the polite one and never talked back to adults. I was also shocked. Ethan slapped Grayson's arm and then said, "none of you guys have to apologize, it's early in the morning and we are all tired."
Cameron agreed with Ethan, "yeah let's just let this go."

Authors note
GUYS IM #119 FOR SIBLINGS!!! WE ALSO REACHED 8k HOLY CRAP THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!