Almost Home

A/N: I apologize again for the late chapter. I believe the problem is fixed now.

Lena looked at the blonde in her lap, sleeping peacefully.

Hickeys were printed on her soft, smooth skin. Small bite marks that only Lena could see herself. She stroked the blonde's hair gently, smiling at the peace and quiet.

She only had Kara. That's all she needed at the moment.

She looked at the time reluctantly, seeing that it was almost time, time for their escape from their hectic lives to start again, time for them to be in a business like a relationship and be professional around others. Time for Kara to live her double life. Time for Lena to be that businesswoman who climbs her way to the top making a name for herself.

Time for them to go back to National City.

She gently woke Kara, easing her out of her much-needed slumber. Kara stirred slightly, opening her ocean blue eyes to meet emerald green eyes. Her soft hair gently flew to the blonde's cheeks.

It was like a dream to Kara.

"I'm up," Kara whispered, getting up. Looking at the brunette.

Lena chuckled softly, looking at the blondes dazed expression "Come on sleepyhead, we need to catch the jet,"

Kara nodded softly, thinking about that dream she had.

She grabbed her phone and saw some messages from multiple people. Alex, Sam, Winn...

James

Alex: Call me, please.

Sam: Call me

TECH BFF: KarKar, call me, please. Alex's losing her shit.

James: Kara, call me.

'Why are they all asking to call me. ' Kara thought. She called Alex, praying she wouldn't get in trouble with her big sister.

"Heyyy..." Kara whispered softly

"Kara! What the hell were you-"

"Sleeping," Kara interjected dryly.

"Oh... well that isn't the point. I know this is last minute, but you have a mission." Alex said.

"Ok. We're leaving now actually." Kara said tiredly.

"Something wrong? I didn't mean to-"

"I'm ok, you didn't do anything wrong at all," Kara said. She knew that Alex was protective of her, and her being this protective means that it's a mission that she honestly didn't want to go on, at least once she knew the mission.

"I'll talk to you when you get to the DEO, okay?" Alex whispered.

Kara nodded "Ok"

She entered the call shortly after, calling her best friend after.

"KarKar! What were you-"

"Sleeping, WinWin." Kara chuckled lightly

"Oh...ok...umm, Sam needs to talk to you and Lena, about something," Winn said

"About....?" Kara inquired.

"A paper? Or some sort," Winn said.

"Kara," Lena whispered.

Kara jumped in surprise." Uh, Winn, I'll call you back." Kara whispered as she ended the call, looking at the emerald green eyes of the young CEO.