El Mayarah

Enjoy!

-

'Lena, your invention worked, but I can't hold on for much longer, ' Kara touched the earrings, coughing more, she let go and closed her eyes. 'I'm not dying just yet...trust me, we haven't done our list...I just...need...to....sleep....but never forget...'

She took a deep breath

'I love you more than my entire world'

-

The two women sat together, sipping a hot cup of tea. The elderly woman smiled at the cold weather."Thank you for coming today, Kara. It gets a little lonely around the house without my boys around breaking something"

Kara's eyes widened, chuckling softly "Really, my mom would've killed me if me or my older sister broke something,"

The two laughed softly, looking outside. "How is Adrien?" The older woman asked.

"He's...ok. I've been helping him with his math and helping him write his papers" Kara responded with a cheery tone.

"I can't believe he chose that other girl instead of you," She whispered.

"It's ok, as long as he's happy..." Kara smiled sadly. His mother was the only person who really knew that she had a crush on him, but as long as the man was happy.

So was she.

"Kara, can you please promise me something?" Adriens mother asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Kara sipped her tea, smiling softly while nodding." Of course, what is it?"

"If anything happens to me," She took a small breath before looking at the young blonde," Promise me you'll take care of my baby boy," She whispered "I know it's a big responsibility on your shoulders, and I-"

"I'll do it," Kara smiled, she put down her tea and put it on the coffee table, grabbing the elderly woman's hand "I promise, that I'll protect him, with my life," She smiled, squeezing the older woman's hands.

"Thank you, Kara"

'I kept my promise, Lisbeth,'
-
A

Alex ran to Kara. She left Adrien to her defense team, keeping him in their sight.

Questions were racing through her head, tears running down down her cheeks as she ran faster to her baby sister.

She was so close.

So close to catching her.

So close to saving the both of them.

But she had to listen to Kara. She listened to her for that one moment.

If she didn't listen.

For that one second that Kara yelled at her, from that one second that her hand slipped from Kara's. If she had just held on, instead of hearing Kara's voice.

She wouldn't have been in Alex's arms right now. Her hands coated in Kara's blood, looking for the wound that got all this blood on her hands.

"A-Alex..." Kara rasped out

"You're ok, you're not dying on me now..."Alex choked out, wiping the tears with the back of her hand.

"Alex...I...."Kara smiled weakly, holding her hand.

"No, no no no no no, keep talking! Don't you dare, I can't lose you, not like dad!" Alex sobbed, tears running down. She looked up at the sky, seeing it a dark gray.

She felt raindrops.

The same raindrops she felt when she heard her dad died.

She looked over at the glasses, and wiped her tears.