Trust Me

L

"What the hell do you mean that you didn't have anything else?" Lena asked

Now she was beyond pissed. She looked over to a sleeping Kara on their bed, cuddled up with their new puppy.

"Lena, I told you. I emailed you and told you that the paper we found wasn't good enough, Snapper reviewed it and said it wasn't good enough, and I agreed," James said, lying through his teeth.

Lena took a deep breath, thinking of an educated response.

"It's so bold of you to assume that I would believe such a bullshit lie,"

James took a short breath, but kept his composure." I did it because of a professional report, nothing more,"

"Do you really expect me to believe anything you say?" Lena asked" Why did snapper email me and tell me to make sure Kara's paper goes through, and that it was the best paper she's ever written, even after she impeached the president. James, I don't even know what you even know about a paper, all you did was take pictures,"

James sighed "Lena, it's just that-"

"Just what, James? The fact that you're lying to me again? That you don't want to tell me the truth for once, after everything you did to me, you broke my heart James, harder than anyone else," Lena sighed

"Lena, that's not-"

"No, it is, you know that what happened was inevitable, Kara was always better than you. And the fact that I ignored her for so long, breaks my heart." Lena took a deep breath ."You knew that I loved you, and you treated me like shit, sure, you did some things in between. But you never beat anyone up for me, or offered to learn chess from me. Let's face it James, what we had in our old relationship, was purely out of lust. I never loved you, I always loved Kara."

James took a minute to respond, he knew she was right, she wasn't stupid by no means. But whenever he was in a relationship, Lucy, Kara and Lena. He never gave them the attention they wanted from him, he couldn't provide it for them. And deep down, it hurt. To not love someone the way that they wanted to. He sighed.

"You're right, but know that I did love you," James whispered.

"What did you say?" Lena asked, unable to hear him.

"I said I'm sorry, Lena" James huffed out.

Lena thought for a moment, she heard him, loud and clear. She almost felt bad for yelling at him. She took a deep breath and sighed.

"It's fine,"

"Huh?" James and Lena both asked.

Kara walked over to Lena and took the phone softly, speaking "It's ok, the both of you are going crazy about an article. I didn't care that it would be in a paper or not. I wanted my honeymoon with the woman I loved. James. I don't care anymore about that paper. Just apologize to each other, and James?"

"Yes Kara?" James asked

"Don't worry about Lena, I'll talk to her," Kara smiled.

"Thank you Kara, " James smiled, he ended the call and looked at the woman standing behind  him

"Now, what is it that you needed, Lucy?"

-

"So what happened with you and James?" Kara asked, handing Lena a cup of hot cocoa.

Lena took a deep breath. "There's something that I didn't tell you before we started dating," she looked at the blonde sitting across from her, sipping her cocoa.