Sneak Peek

This is a slight draft of the chapter, I want this to be perfect. And I'm thinking of making a Patreon, but I'm not entirely sure, I'll have to think about it a little more. Anyways, please enjoy this sneak peek.

-
The two women sat together, sipping a hot cup of tea. The elderly woman smiled at the cold weather."Thank you for coming today, Kara. It gets a little lonely around the house without my boys around breaking something"

Kara's eyes widened, chuckling softly "Really, my mom would've killed me if me or my older sister broke something,"

The two laughed softly, looking outside. "How is Adrien?" The older woman asked.

"He's...ok. I've been helping him with his math and helping him write his papers" Kara responded with a cheery tone.

"I can't believe he chose that other girl instead of you," She whispered.

"It's ok, as long as he's happy..." Kara smiled sadly. His mother was the only person who really knew that she had a crush on him, but as long as the man was happy.

So was she.

"Kara, can you please promise me something?" Adriens mother asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Kara sipped her tea, smiling softly while nodding." Of course, what is it?"

"If anything happens to me," She took a small breath before looking at the young blonde," Promise me you'll take care of my baby boy," She whispered "I know it's a big responsibility on your shoulders, and I-"

"I'll do it," Kara smiled, she put down her tea and put it on the coffee table, grabbing the elderly woman's hand "I promise, that I'll protect him, with my life," She smiled, squeezing the older woman's hands.

"Thank you, Kara"

'I kept my promise, Lisbeth,'