three

three. nct

aug 19, 2018

    The next day Lee Jing bombarded me with questions first thing when I sat down

    The next day Lee Jing bombarded me with questions first thing when I sat down. "What happened?" , "Did you get drunk?" , "Did you look Yukhei for leaving you alone?" 

     "That night..." I paused while think of how to word what happened the night before. "That night I got wasted... I ended up going home with Dong... Dong." As I spoke he entered the room, flashing his heart shaped smile at his friends as they continued with their conversation. I found myself making eye contact with him. Lee Jing followed my gaze, before taking a loud gasp. 

     "Dong Si Cheng!" She practically yells in shock. I turned to her in a hurry, covering her mouth. 

     "The entire campus doesn't need to know that In had sex with the biggest nerd on campus." I whisper yelled at her. 

     " why would you do that? " she whispers. 

     "I don't know. I was drunk." 

      " why did you get drunk? "

      "Lee Jing, I don't need another mom. Would you stop nagging?" 

     "You really dug a hole for yourself, Jin Xaoxi. I hope you know that." I sighed at her words. She was right. Of course, I knew that. That was the thing I was sure of the most out of all things I should be sure of. 

     We sat there in a silence for awhile until Lee Jung spoke agaon. "Dong Si Cheng, he's coming." I looked up and rightfully so he was walking towards us, or should I say he was walking towards me. 

     "si cheng..." I mumbled under my breath making it a lot more dramatic than it actually was. 

     "Xaoxi," He started, " How are you doing? " He asks. I simply nod, signals I was fine. He pulled a chair placing his stuff down, sitting next to me. "You fell asleep while we were talking so I assumed you didn't hear me," "I'm having a small gathering at the karaoke bar on campus tomorrow." He says, " You should come. " He looked over at Lee Jing, "You could come too. We won't be drinking a lot, so you don't have to worry about that." He tells her, switching his gaze between the two of us with a smile. Neither of us gave much of a response though  he must had assumed we would be going anyway. 

   Whilst walking to our next class we were greeted by an old friend. Huang Ma'Yu. She always talked a lot in highschool, she had a big interest in fashion so she always dressed in the name brands and as best as she could. She also loved to cook and bake, she offered us her sweets she cooked and leftovers often. "Hey guys, do you want to try these cookies? I made too many. It's a new recipe. " she says giving each of us one. We walked with her complimenting her on her good work until she broke the ice. She didn't just break it, she stomped on it, hard. "So your friends with Si Cheng now? How did that happen?" 

    Lee Jing and I froze up our legs the only thing moving now. We didn't say anything, I was thankful to know Lee Jing's lips were sealed. Huang Ma'Yu spoke again, "You know Si Cheng is really popular around school because he's so cute and attractive. I figure you two wouldn't know because you don't do after class activities or anything." She was right, I didn't know. " could you maybe introduce him to me? " She jumps excitedly. "I've always liked him since the first time I saw him." She clutches her bin of cookies to her chest, daydreaming happily. I mean, it wasn't like I liked him or anything, it wouldn't hurt to introduce them. Huang Ma'Yu, who was walking a little before us turned around, "Do you guys even know what NCT is?" We raised a eyebrow, she gasped loudly. We reached our class laying out stuff down at your seats, Ma'yu was still talking. "NCT stands for NEO culture technology, I'm not quite sure what that means yet but anyway, every major has a designated boys that the girls in each major voted as the most popular.  Those boys make up NCT. There are even colleges from other states that picked up on this and have some their own. Here in China we are the only college that does this. " She takes a deep breath, as we sat down in our seats. "We have Chenle in music, Kun in nutrition, Yukhei in health and fitness, Renjun in literature, and Si Cheng in Foreign Studies. " She explains, "Now, Si Cheng is obviously the best but almost all the girls in the school love them and they get attention most out everyone in school... Si Cheng never talks to any girls though, I wonder why he decided to talk to you, I've been trying to get his attention since the first semester. " I just gave a bitter smile, not sure how to respond. 

    It surprised me. I didn't know Renjun or Chenle but the other three weren't full of themselves to the point I wanted to kill them. I knew Kun had gotten a lot of girls and went on many dates but I didn't think it was because he was so popular. I had know Yukhei forever and he never went out too often and he didn't seem to know anyone, he practically begged for Kun's attention most of the time. I didn't know Si Cheng well at all, but something about him gave me the idea he wasn't a fuck boy the way he tried to act.

    I was snapped out of my thoughts as the professor walked in the room, getting us all a hello. 

a/n

I'm sorry if this had an info dump or it was hard to understand, I'll try my best to do better in the future and write everything better when I improve more. Thank you for sticking around this far and I hope you stay to read everything.