nine

The next day I found myself walking to class alone. It was fine, I was just use to having Lee Jing by my side. I sighed a bit as I checked my phone for a sign that she was alive.

[8:53 am] 

me

are you up? where are you at?

delivered

[9:00 am]

me

im going to start walking

see you at class???

delivered ✅ 

     I continued walking to class as usual when I heard my name being called. "Xaoxi! Xaoxi!" I jumped in happiness believing it was Lee Jing as I turned my body only to be greeted by Yukhei running towards me. I huffed out a breath as I turned my body back towards the lecture hall waiting for the loud boy to catch up. "Xaoxi! I was looking for you!" He says as he caught up. 

    "What is it this time?" I ask him, starting to walk as he followed suit. 

     "Well- I was wondering if you would do me a favor?" I hummed in response. "I have a essay do but I don't have time to do it because of football practice and- you know how it goes. "

     I turned around swiftly to look at the taller boy who was smiling awkwardly with his hands knotted in his hair, scratching at the skin under it nervously. I started to make a response when I saw Si Cheng. He was dressed nice today, a bouquet of flowers in his hand, walking mindlessly with a bright smile. The innocent boy concept that he had showed before that first party sparkling off him. It made me want to go back and time so I could see him as that precious boy who worked hard to make mommy and daddy proud again. Though, that would never happen. I looked away and down at the floor, my thoughts interrupted by the loud boy that I talked to previously. 

     "If your so infatuated with him just date him already." He says. "Its so obvious he's interested in you." Xaoxi shook her head. 

     "I don't like him or anything. He's just really handsomely cute." I explain. Yukhei rolls his eyes, seemingly forgetting about his essay completely as we started walking again. 

     "You'll say that for now, wait till he wins your heart." Yukhei says, though I didn't grant his the satisfaction of getting a reaction out of me.