eight

October 30, 2018

    As soon as I walked inside Yukhei's house I wanted to leave. It was just like the first party I went to. After I had went to that party I learned that this party scene was definitely not for me. It may be for Yukehi, Si Cheng, and Kun, but it was definitely not my scene. 

      I walked up to Yukhei greeting the loud already tipsy. He was dressed as a wizard. A wizard of making me hate my life most likely. "Xaoxi!" He says in a sing-song voice. "Welcome to the spooky scary house!" 

      "Yukhei, the only thing scary about this house is the overwhelming amounts of alcohol." He doesn't reply to my statement. 

      "Yeah, yeah." He rolls his eyes. "If you don't like drinking why did you come?" I sucked my teeth at his dumb question. 

    "You begged me to come." I tell him bluntly, and he only nodded. 

     "You right, You right." Yukhei says, taking a sip out of the red solo cup in his hand, undoubtly filled with alcohol, starting to walk away. As I did before I made my way to the kitchen, stalking around the snacks on the counter and table. 

     "What are you even dressed as? Bob the builder?" I heard a familiar voice say, making its way towards me. I turned around to see a friend from high school pressing himself against the counter. 

      My jaw dropped, "Xiao Jun!" I yell with joy, embracing him in the tightest hug I could muster. I could hear him chuckle in my ear as he hugged me back gladly. The two of us hugged for awhile before we decided it was time to pull away.

     "But really, what are you dressed as?" 

      "I'm a clown!" I say happily. 

       "That's no clown, that's a construction working with a perm." He says, with a sly smile. I frown, lowering my head, disappointed the first time my best had saw me again was in this silly costume. Though, he quickly reassured me saying it was a cute costume. 

We continued to talk throughout the night enjoying each others company.