Chapter 4

"Ok, I think we're lost," I said as I turned the map to the side. Turns out I had been holding it upside down, but Aaron didn't need to know that.

Aaron groaned. "Let me see," he said as he snatched the map out of my hands. "This is like the easiest map to read in the world. You're just the worst navigator," he said before turning around and heading in a random direction.

"And they say guys don't know directions," he muttered.

"Um, 'we' don't say you don't know them, we just say that guys are too proud to ask for them," I clarified.

"We don't ask for them because we already know them," he retorted with a smirk.

"You're so annoying," I complained.

"Why don't we play the quiet game," he suggested. "That way we'll stop bugging each other."

"That's the best idea you've had all day," I said as I scratched at my legs for probably the millionth time.

"Oh I'm full of great ideas, you're just to stuck up to realize it."

I scowled at him. "I thought we were playing the quiet game."

"We are, now stop talking to me."

"You just insulted me!"

"Shh," he shushed me, as he sent a glance over his shoulder. It was quick but I could see his grin and the look of amusement in his eyes.

I glared at his back before purposefully stepping on the back of his shoe so that he would stumble out of it.

He turned around and glared at me before picking up his shoe and shoving it back on his foot.

"What was that for?" 

I batted my eyelashes and gave him an innocent smile. "I don't know what you are talking about," I said as I walked ahead.

He decided not to argue with me and once again we were in silence.

After fifteen minutes of endless walking in silence, I sighed. "I'm bored of the quiet game," I said as I looked back at him.

He simply cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Let's play 'I Spy'," I suggested.

He gave me a flat look. "You're being serious?"

I shrugged. 

He sighed. "Alright, you go first."

I nodded. "Ok, I spy something green."

He snorted. "Charlie, we're in a freakin' forest. Everything is green."

I stopped when he called me by my nickname. "Only my friends call me 'Charlie'," I spat out.

He stopped and leaned down so that he was looking directly into my eyes. "I thought you said we were 'friends' princess."

"Only in front of our parents," I said as I glared at him. 

"Fine by me, Charles."

We had a glaring match for a few minutes and I actually came to find that his eyes were actually quite beautiful.

Wait, what?

I broke eye contact. "Let's just go."

"Why don't we play twenty questions?" he suggested. "So when are parents complain that we don't try to 'get to know each other better' we'll have back up."

"Fine, whatever."

"Ok, who is your favorite band?" he asked.

"Paramore," I answered. "You?"