Chapter 12

It was a long night. I didn't get very much sleep considering I spent most of the night pacing my room, occasionally stopping in front of my door in a silent debate on whether I should go talk to Aaron or not. But I never did. What would I say?

I mean I couldn't deny that the kiss was...incredible. Yet I couldn't wrap my mind around it. A few days ago he hated me, and then all of a sudden he's kissing me and telling me he has feelings for me? Feelings like that don't just appear over night, right?

Around four in the morning I crept downstairs for some coffee, I stopped when I noticed Aaron's sleeping form on the couch. His eyebrows were pulled together in his sleep and his arms were crossed over his chest. Suddenly I felt a wave of guilt crash over me and I crept back upstairs, completely forgetting about the coffee. 

Everything was moving too fast. I didn't even know what I felt. I didn't even know what I wanted. 

I collapsed onto my bed, my legs tired from constantly pacing, and finally drifted to sleep.

********

I woke up feeling restless. I glanced at the clock to find it was only 8:00. As much as I wanted to go back to sleep I knew I wouldn't be able to, so I got up and jumped in the shower. 

My thoughts were everywhere and my eyes were drooping. I was so tired that I washed my hair twice without realizing it until the shower water turned cold. I quickly rinsed and jumped out. Once I turned the water off I could hear movement downstairs.

I sighed. You're going to have to face him sooner or later, Charlie.

Once I was dressed I quietly headed downstairs. I peaked into the kitchen to find Aaron setting down some take out bags in the kitchen. 

"You went to get take out?" I asked in a small voice.

He froze. 

"I had to get out of the house," he replied without turning around. "I got you breakfast," he said over his shoulder, but his eyes were on the floor.

I fidgeted where I stood and opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off.

"Our parents are expecting us back at the campsite by lunch time," he told me as he turned around to face me. His stance was stone like, and his face was expressionless. "I've already packed my things and they are in the car. You should pack as soon as possible so we can get on the road."

"Aaron, I-"

"I'll eat breakfast now, while you pack," he interrupted. "That way I can drive, and you can eat in the car."

I shut my mouth and nodded before quickly spinning and heading back upstairs.

I was starting to get frustrated. Couldn't he see I was trying to talk to him? I paused as I pulled out my bag. Then again, I didn't want to talk to him last night when he did so I couldn't really get mad at him.

I threw all of my things into my duffle bag without folding them. I grabbed a few extra things that I had forgotten when packing the first time around and zipped up my bag before throwing it over my shoulder.

"I'm ready when you are," I said in the kitchen entry way. I dropped my duffle bag at my feet and crossed my arms over my chest.

He finished his egg and bacon biscuit and walked over to me. Without saying a single word he bent over to grab my bag and his arm brushed mine. My breathing hitched at the small contact.

"I'll be in the car," he said before heading for the door.

I sighed once it slammed.

I grabbed my food off of the counter and went through the house making sure all of the lights were turned off and all of the doors were locked.