Magnetic

Jessica eyes grew wide and was speechless.

"Jessica, I'm sorry for being so bold. But I needed to tell you." Danny said becoming less nervous. "I...I also have to tell that...that I love you. I'm in love with you. Since losing my wife, I didn't think I would ever fall in love again. But then I met you. I got to know you more and more. You were so different than any of the other women in this town. You are one of kind. Life's too short and I needed to tell you the truth of how I felt."

Tears rolled down Jessica's cheeks; she couldn't believe what Danny had just told her. She closed her eyes and her mind felt like it was in overdrive.

"He loves me! Oh god!" She thought to herself. "What do I say to him? I'm grateful for his friendship and..." Jessica stopped as she finally admitted to herself that she was indeed in love with Danny.

Jessica opened her eyes and looked into Danny's eyes. "Daniel...I...I love you too!"
Danny eyes went wide, but then his face relaxed and a smile appeared across is face. "You do?" He asked.
Jessica wiped her tears and nodded. "I do. But...Danny, this can't be. I'm married and...and I'll be welcoming a baby into this word in two months. We...we won't work."
"Jessica, I know you're married. But Jess...we both know that your marriage is...and excuse my bluntness, but we both know your marriage is over." Danny said as he leaned closer to Jessica, holding both her hands for comfort.

Jessica sobbed; she knew Danny was right, her marriage was over.

"Jess, I don't care that you are having a baby." Danny said. "I mean...I do care but what I mean is, I don't mind that this baby isn't mine. I...I want to help you raise this baby Jess. I want to be this baby's father. It's clear that Phillip wants nothing to do with them. Jessica, we don't have to figure anything out right now. But just know, I will be here for you and this baby every step of the way from here on out."

Jessica couldn't believe the amazing man Danny was. She didn't think a man like him existed. It made her love for him grow even more.

Jessica hugged Danny tightly; Danny hugged her back and held her for what seemed like forever. He held her until she calmed down.

When they pulled away, their faces were inches apart. Suddenly, it felt as if a magnetic force pulled them closer together until their lips met.

Their kiss was filled with such gentleness. The care and love that these two felt for each other was apparent in that kiss.

In that moment, their surroundings melted away and it felt as if Jessica and Danny were the only two people left in this world.

They were both too consumed in their kiss that they didn't even see the person standing in the doorway watching them.

I know this chapter was super short. But I didn't want to leave y'all hanging for too long.

Hope you all enjoyed! More to come soon.