~Thirty Nine~

•Group Day•
Mal's POV:
I felt my bed shaking back and forth this morning. I opened my eyes to see six of my favorite people jumping up and down all around me.

As they jumped, they were chanting "Wake up" multiple times. Which caused me to smile.

Mal: *giggles* I'm awake, I'm awake!

They stopped jumping, and plopped down on my bed. I sat up and smiled at them.

Calum: Time to get ready for the day, my purple-headed friend.

He gave me a noogie, adding to my already messy hair.

Shawn: We put your outfit on your dresser.

Aspen: We'll be downstairs.

Michael: Mum and Dad also made breakfast.

Luke: Your grandparents and Lana should be here soon.

I chuckled and nodded.

Mal: Thank you for the several updates. Now, I love you all...but get out so I can get ready.

When they left I got ready for the day.

I went to join everyone downstairs

I went to join everyone downstairs. I stopped walking before I entered the dining room. When I looked in I saw everyone was there, laughing, talking, just being a family.

Normally, it would make me really happy and an uncontrollable smile would creep onto my face. Except, this time I started crying, and I'm not sure why. I didn't want to talk about it, so I snuck outside to try and compose myself.

Luke's POV:
While we were waiting for Mal, we tried to fill the growing silence. We started a few conversations, we'd laugh when someone made a stupid joke, just little stuff.

The small interactions were interrupted with the sound of the front door closing. We all look into the hallway that leads to the foyer, I could have sworn I saw purple hair.

Luke: I'll go see what's going on.

I excused myself from the table, and walked to the door. I slipped on my shoes, and went outside. I didn't have to walk far to find Mal.

She was on the front porch, sitting on a patio chair. She was staring out into the distance, I could see the tears rolling down her face.

I walked over to her, and picked her up. I sat in the seat and set her on my lap. She clung to me like a koala.

Luke: *whispers* Talk when you're ready, love.

She sat there and cried, I kissed her head patiently waiting for her to be ready. After a minute or two, she looked up at me.