|7

WEDNESDAY
"Dad, I'm fine" Lola complained as her dad dragged her to the therapist's door.

He stopped outside of the door and looked at her intensely.

"Lola. I love you so much. You are the last piece of your mother I have and your also a great big part of me. If your in trouble I want to help you out. This is probably the best way and I want you to try" he said his eyes looking down at her sadly.

"Fine. But I'm telling you it was a one time th-"

Her dad embraced her suddenly and she felt a great sense of affection from him.

"I'm okay dad" she reassured him by hugging him back.

"I'll wait for you out here, okay?l" he said letting her go.

She nodded and walked into the room.

"Hello" the man behind the desk said "Lola Brown" he said looking down at his notebook.

She smiled awkwardly at the door and didn't budge.

"You can sit down anywhere you like" he smiled pointing at the window seat, the couch and the seat in front of his desk.

She picked the couch and took her phone out of her back pocket then put it on the table.

She saw him note something down, then he stood up and walked over to the seat closest to the couch.

She noticed he had a tall lean posture and his white skin was clear with lines barely visible from laughing. He wore a nice suit and a kind smile.

"So what are you here for today?" He asked.

"Shouldn't you already know that?" Lola asked.

"I prefer to hear it from the patient" he said leaning in and resting his face on his hand.

"Then why make us fill out forms?"

"It's a formality."

"Okay" she replied bluntly.

"I understand if you don't want to share anything with me, but your stuck with me for an hour" he said laying back into his seat.

Lola thought about it and sighed.

"I was at a diner with my cousin. My friend was there with his friends. I don't like his friends so I wanted to leave. But there was people outside, he said they were circling the diner and we should go back inside. But then my cousin came outside and held us up. And they started shooting" she said. She looked up at him and saw that his jaw had dropped.

"So did you not read the form at all?" She said tilting her head.

"I usually deal with rich kids that are too spoiled and feel lonely or under appreciated" he said honestly. "I apologise that you had to go through with that"

"I'm not done" she said "my friend, he's called Michael, he got shot trying to protect me. And he nearly died."

"So he's alive"

"Yeah But he nearly died" Lola said.

"But he survived, that's what you're saying right?"

"Yeah, I guess" Lola shrugged feeling stupid.

"So why are you still upset?" He asked.

"Aren't you supposed to figure that out?" Lola asked crossing her legs.

"We are supposed to figure that out" he corrected her. "What made you come here?"

"I passed out a little after hearing gun shots at an arcade" she said.