|41

"Just follow all the cars" Michael spoke through the car speaker.

"Which cars? They're going in different directions " Luke said getting agitated.

"Michael ask for the address and tell them we'll meet them there" Haley and Luke heard Lola say.

Haley and Luke we're currently parked outside of the house the party was at and we're watching people leave unsure on what cars to follow.

Haley rolled down her window and poked her head out.

"Hey" she shouted at some girls who were giggling and walking to the car parked in front of them.

They both snapped their heads round "Yeah?" the blonde one spoke.

"Are you guys going to the afterparty?" She asked them.

"Yeah, you can follow us if you like" she smiled.

"Thanks" Haley said before turning back to Luke with a grin on her face.

"It's okay Lola, we'll meet you there don't worry" Haley said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's fine."

"Okay see ya" she said before cutting the phone.

"So we're following these girls?" Luke asked nodding his head towards the red Mini Cooper in front of them.

Haley nodded.

"Aight" He said letting out a little sigh.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm just kinda tired" he said. "And its a bit weird that we're going to this afterparty when we didn't even know anyone from the actual party"

"Maybe this one will be better"'Haley said. "And if you wanna go home, just say and we can go." Haley said placing her hand on his thigh and giving him a slight squeeze as he started the engine up and followed the red car.

***

LOLA

"Nice to meet you" I said to Michaels friend as he walked away with someone else.

"Wow, I didn't know you knew so many people" I said turning to face Michael. His hand was on my waist and he looked down at me smugly as he often did.

"I'm popular, didn't you know?" He gloated.

I rolled my eyes playfully and hugged his waist still looking up at him.

We were at a forest or park, though I wasn't sure since it was dark, and there were a couple of groups walking deeper into the dark past the trees. We were still stood by Michael's car waiting for Haley and Luke. Mika sat in the car on the phone with Thomas.

"So how do you like Jay?" Michael asked.

"What do you think?" I laughed a little, but he didn't seem amused.

"That you're not trying hard enough" he said.

"What?" I laughed and stood back taking my hands off his waist.

"You seemed really closed off when she approached us, I know what you were doing by hugging up on me when we were talking" he said.

"What?!" I repeated not so happily.

"It's like when a dog claims his space by peeing on it or some shit" he said.

"So you could tell I was trying to send a message across but you couldn't tell she didn't like me?"