Chapter 2

I don't own The Lion Guard or Heroes of Olympus. Disney and Rick Riordan do.

Frank's POV

One claimed demigod, four unclaimed. This is going to be interesting. I led Fuli and Kion to a room and had them sit down for their session while Reyna dealt with Bunga, Beshte, and Ono.

"Start out by telling us about your pasts." I instructed.

"I grew up in Savannah, Georgia my whole life. I have a really incredible Mom who is a firefighter and serves part time in the military. Mom and whoever my Dad is met whenever they were fighting in 9/11. I always grew up thinking that my dad was KIA, but that was not the case. I never thought that I would be a demigod. I've met Fuli, Bunga, Ono, and Beshte on the playgrounds one day and our personalities seemed to just click. Bunga grew up in the foster care system and was raised by two friends whom are dorm buddies. He refers to them as his uncles and he is my closest friend." I answered truthfully.

"What about you Fuli?" I asked.

"Well, I have grown up on my own. My father abandoned me when I was only a toddler, so I spent most of my time alone. Kion and his Mom took care of me, but I never had a family to call my own until I met my friends. My friends are my family." Fuli answered. I could tell Kion wanted to hug her, but he refrained from it. I realized something right then and there.

Kion loves Fuli.

I recognized the uncomfortableness of the whole situation. That was me and Hazel for the first month of me being at camp. I cleared my throat.

"Fuli you are clear to go." I explained. You will be presented to the cohorts at Evening Munster. Don't be late!"

"Of course. I'm the fastest runner out of the five of us." Fuli responded, running out the room with Argentum running behind her, eating her dust.

"Kion, I must ask you something."

"What is it?" Kion asked.

"Do you like Fuli?"

"We are only friends." Kion answered, blushing.

"Let me tell you a story. When I first came to Camp, I fell in love with a daughter of Pluto. I was too afraid to admit my feelings for her, but we both had the same feelings and ended up being together. You can't hide your feelings for long."

"Okay. The truth is, I do like her. I just don't know if she would like me back." Kion responded.

"Talk to Fuli. That girl is fierce, and if she decides to join the Hunters of Artemis, you will lose her because of the vow they take to swear off men." I replied as Kion nodded. "You are free to go."

"Thank you." Kion stated.

"No problem. I really wish that you would be my brother." I replied.

"We'll see." Kion murmured as he ran out of the room. I sat back down, ready to take my break.

"Frank?" I heard a voice that I recognized.

"Hazel, come on in." I answered.

"Is it true?" She asked, sitting down in front of me.

"What is?"

"Is it true that there are five new demigods at Camp?"

"Yes."

"That is a lot of demigods to actually not track down monsters." Hazel muttered.

"They have been friends for awhile. They do everything together." I explained as Hazel's eyes shone bright with fear.