Chapter 11

Disney owns the Lion Guard, Rick Riordan owns the Heroes of Olympus.

Fuli's POV

We sat and talked about the quest over Chinese food, which was very good.

"Well, we will need to leave tonight if we were to make it on foot."  Ono stated.

"We all need to get some form of rest."  Beshte replied.

"Yet if we rest and walk, we will need to really move."  Ono reasoned.

"Both of you have fair points."  Kion replied as he got up and left.

"Where are you going?"  Bunga asked.

"Out.  I'll be back in a little bit."  With that, Kion closed the door behind him.  I got up to follow him.

"I'll be back as well."  I walked out the door to see Kion standing in the rain.  I walked out to stand beside him.  "What's on your mind?"  I asked.

"This whole quest."  Kion replied.

"What do you think needs to happen?"

"Do you want my honest answer, Fuli?"  I nodded at Kion's question.

"We need to leave.  All of us.  I can sense monsters lurking around and it isn't a good sense."

"Everything will be okay."

"I know, Fuli."

"Excuse me.  Did you say her name is Fuli?" A man approached us.

"Yes.  Why?"  Kion asked.

"I'm your father, Fuli."  The man stated, hugging me.

"First and foremost, I don't like being hugged.  Second, my father abandoned me all those years ago."  I replied.  Yet, I could feel my mother telling me angrily that he is my birth father.

"That was me."  My father replied.  Kion drew his sword.  However, I was shell shocked.

"Why did you abandon me?"  I started to angrily whispered.

"I did not view you as a gift.  I decided to abandon you because I did not want you."  My father replied.

Tears started to fall down my face as I turned and ran far away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kion's POV

Furious was putting it mildly.  I honestly was ready to pommel the guy if Fuli would have given me the word to do so.  Yet, all I could do was watch Fuli run away.  I turned to the worst father that I have met that is mortal.

"I should probably go talk to her." Fuli's father tried to follow her.  I blocked his path.

"No you won't.  You've done enough."  I growled.

"But-"

"No.  You've abandoned her on the streets and left town.  She searched garbage cans for FOUR YEARS in order to eat until I found her and brought her to Mom and we ensured that she got food and a place to stay.  We did not adopt her because she was always back on the streets by morning.  That was YOUR doing that her life has been like that."

"I thought people would take her in.  You know, kind of like how the movies work."

I seriously was ready to cause a scene.  "THIS ISN'T THE CINEMAS!"  I shouted.  "YOU ABANDONED YOUR OWN DAUGHTER, THE GIRL THAT I LOVE!  NOW YOU REAPPEAR IN HER LIFE EXPECTING THINGS TO BE OKAY?!?"

"I plan on going to bring her Step-Siblings to meet her while she is in town.  Please bring her to meet me down here tomorrow."

"Not a chance.  I will do everything that is in my power LEGALLY to make sure that what you did to her is known and that you don't get a chance to see her again."  That was when my decision was made.  "This is our last night in town.  We must continue on our quest to find a Centurion."

"Quest?"

"Her mother is Venus, goddess of love and beauty.  She is a demigod."

His face was like a deer in headlights.  "Umm...forget what I said about her meeting her step-siblings."

"Already have."  I growled as he ran off.  Bunga, Beshte, and Ono joined us with all of our bags.

"There were monsters that we killed."  Ono reported.

"Just as I thought."  I stated.  "Meet us at the edge of town."

"Where are you going?" Bunga asked.

"Fuli's dad decided now would be a good time to show up.  She ran off, so I'm going to find her."  I'll never understand mortals.  With that thought in mind, I set off to find Fuli.