Chapter 1

I don't own The Lion Guard or Heroes of Olympus.  Disney and Rick Riordan do.

Kion's POV.

Well, the good news is that all five of us survived Lupa and her wolf pack. We were attacked by Janja and his clan, who I never expected to be monsters, but we fought them off and watched them run away. Now, my friends and I are standing in the Camp, waiting to meet the Praetors.

"I hope we can stay." Fuli answered, hope glimmering through her beautiful emerald green eyes, her blonde hair with streaks of brown blowing in the wind.

"The Pontifex Maximus said that we could live here, if one of the cohorts stands for each of us." Ono replied.

"Well, I'm not worried about anything." Bunga stated as I saw two metal dogs running into the room. "Except for those dogs." We all turned to see a male and a female walk in, purple t-shirts and wearing what looks like bed sheets intended to look like...togas?

"Hello." Beshte greeted.

"Hello to you too." The male answered. "I am Praetor Zhang, and this is Praetor Ramírez-Arellano. We are the Praetors of the Twelfth Legion Fulminata." The male introduced.

"We are here to..." Praetor Ramírez-Arellano started as Bunga interrupted.

"We know what you want. You want to ask for our signatures because we keep chasing off the bad guys." Bunga finished.

"Are you trying to get us killed?" Fuli whispered.

"There is nothing to worry about." Bunga stated.

"Actually-" Praetor Zhang started as Ono piped up.

"Bunga, they can and will kill us if we defy the rules of the legion. Show some respect for the Praetors." Ono started.

"Guys, we need to hear their instructions." I stated as Ono and Bunga kept arguing and arguing and arguing. "I'm sorry." I apologized to Praetor Zhang. "I don't know what has gotten into them."

"Please, just call me Frank whenever we are having conversations like this." He answered.

"Do you want me to stop them from arguing?" I asked as Fuli spoked up.

"Quiet!" She yelled and the whole room got quiet. I never told anyone this, but I am in love with Fuli. I plan on keeping this secret hidden from the universe.

"That was no ordinary speak." Praetor Ramírez-Arellano stated, obviously in shock. "That was charmspeak." I looked over and saw Fuli no longer in her cheetah print jumpsuit, but as a beautiful Roman in traditional dress. I felt my heart thumping like the sounds of a bass drum.

"Fuli, did Lupa train you like a soldier of Rome?" Frank asked.

"Yes. How do I get my normal clothes back?"

"It will wear off. Just call me Reyna." The other Praeter stated.

"However, Fuli has just received the Blessing of Venus." Frank finished.

"What does it mean?" Fuli asked.

"Fuli, it means that you have been claimed by Venus, the goddess of love and beauty." Ono answered as my heart stopped for a moment.

The girl I like is a child of Venus, I thought. That explains why she is beautiful.

"Either way, we have to ask you about your life stories." Frank stated.

"Do not lie, or else my dogs Aurum and Argentum will tell if you are lying and will tear you to shreds." Reyna concluded as we all nodded.

"Who will go first?" Frank asked.

"I guess I will go alongside Fuli." I answered.