Chapter 9

Disney owns The Lion Guard, Rick Riordan owns the Heroes of Olympus.

Kion's POV

Fuli just started crying while she was hugging me.  I just held her while she cried.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?"  I asked gently.

"I found out about my past."  Fuli whispered, her voice muffled.  "Dad didn't want me.  He abandoned me at the park when I was two."

"I met you when we were six."  I stated, vomit rising to my throat.  She was out in the streets on her own for four years.

"Four years I searched through garbage cans to try and find food.  No one was willing to take me in.  The state never knew that I was homeless.  No one stopped to offer me a place to go.  That's why I am alone a lot of the time.  All I have known was loneliness."  I masked my anger. Four years convinced that nobody wanted her.  Four years not eating a nutritious meal.  I didn't reveal my thoughts to her.

"In my dream, Octavian said that I was worthless and couldn't do anything.  He also mentioned not to worry and that I never had a family."  Fuli continued to sob.

I'm gonna hit Octavian where it hurts.  I thought.  This has always been a sensitive topic for Fuli.  I lifted her face towards me.

"Hey!"  I gently started.  "You are not alone.  You are nothing Octavian described you as.  You are powerful, strong, determined, sassy, tough, and beautiful."

"I feel alone."  Fuli revealed.  "I'm frightened, and I can't play tough anymore."

"You have Ono, Beshte, Bunga, and the other Demigods.  As for your family, I will be your family.  You are not alone."  I saw those emerald eyes staring into my brown eyes and I could tell that she was calming down.

"Feeling better?"  I asked her.

Fuli nodded.  Her emerald eyes were wanting to ask questions that I instantly knew she wasn't willing to ask.

"Yes, I mean what I said.  Second, I do view you as beautiful.  Finally, I won't leave you ever."  I responded to here questioning eyes.  "Let's continue on."  I gently led Fuli off the train and to the others.

Before anyone could ask what happened, I shot a look of warning to not ask questions.

"I know what state Hazel is in."  Fuli revealed more of her dream.

"We've got to go."  Ono replied.

"Hang on."  I stated eyeing an Inn.  "Let's rest up first."  Thankfully, because Ono's 18, we were able to get some rooms  Unfortunately, there were only two rooms.

"Well, Fuli gets her own room."  I deemed.

With that, we all split up to prepare for supper.