TWENTY ONE (NEW)

proofread by vedlcrz
2nd proofread by _JEONJIMIN_

Jimin checked his phone, making sure he's at the right floor where he's going for an interview that was recommended by Namjoon. He told the older, that he wants a change of job environment and Namjoon pulled out an email asking Jimin to email his resume to his assistant.

He rang the bell once and the receptionist opened the door for him. "Hi, I have an interview with Mr. Kim at 10 am." Jimin said as he pulled out the printed email he received a week ago and gave it to her. She checked something on her computer and asked Jimin to sit on the sofa across the counter while waiting for her to prepare the room for the interview.

After 10 minutes, she called Jimin and took him to an empty meeting room and informing that Mr. Kim is on the way.

Jimin played with his fingers while waiting, and when he heard the sound of the door open, he quickly stood up and turned around.

"Hi Jimin." Namjoon said with a wide smile on his face. "Surprised?!"

"Sunbae!"

"I will interview you today. Have a seat." Namjoon said as he made his way to the unoccupied seat across Jimin. "Well, you already got this job. This interview is just to follow the procedure."

Namjoon pulled the document from the file he brought in and gave it to Jimin. "This is your offer letter. Your starting salary will be 3,000,0000 won and 25 days of annual leave. Benefits are of course, yearly annual bonus, dental allowance, travel allowance and other benefits you can read in this letter. And because of your job's commitment, the company will rent an apartment for you and a car with a reserved parking lot. If you need a driver, you can request."

"Isn't this too much? I'm just a secretary."

"I thought the same too but I don't know why. Maybe because you will be reporting to our big boss Mr. J and you need to travel a lot, so ..."

"Mr. J?" Jimin cut his explanation.

"Yes, well, he usually stays in our HQ in Tokyo, so anything he needs from here, you have to prepare those documents and send it to him by email or courier. But he sometimes visits this office to check the progress of our new project in Seoul, only at that time you would be busy serving him."

Jimin nods and reads the offer letter.

"You will start on next Monday, here's a letter for the medical check-up. Our clinic panel is on the seventh floor, after that you can go home." Namjoon is really professional, he's not like Taehyung's brother in this situation. He must have a lot of secret admirers in this office. Jimin is excited to start working with him.

"Lastly Jimin, WELCOME TO KMB GLOBAL SERVICES CENTRE."

*

Jimin read the company's profile where he's going to start working tomorrow on google and was impressed with their business movement. In just two years, KMB GSC already won an award which is "RISING STAR AWARD." It was awarded to the best new, up-and-coming company that has displayed great potential to become a successful player in the local and international market.

He tried to search about Mr. J but nothing has been found.

"Jimin?" Taehyung called as he opened the door. "Coming with me and Joonie-hyung?"

Jimin turned his gaze from the phone screen to Taehyung. "No thanks, I already had dinner with Mingyu."

Taehyung nodded and closed the door. Few minutes later, he heard the entrance door open and close, hinting him that his roommate already went to his brother.

*

Jimin has problems whenever he is alone, his mind will play clips of his dark moments that he's trying to forget.

"Bubble, I'm sorry." He said between his sobs as his hand moved to his tummy holding it tight.

*

Jimin still remembers the moments he woke up in the hospital bed and found his baby bump gone. When Dr. Seokjin entered his room and said he lost Bubble, his world crashed down completely.

Jimin couldn't bring himself to cry that time, he was tired. With everything, he wanted everything to end as soon as possible.

He wanted to run from the Jeons.

His plan failed before he even started when Jiyeon's people guarded his room and didn't let anyone enter except Uee-Ahjumma, Jimin really wanted to meet the old lady and say thank you for taking care of him.

They took him back to Jeons mansion and locked him back in the storage room they renovated to a small room for him and Jimin still remembered what Jiyeon said one day after he lost his Bubble. "You have no use to my son anymore, but I can't let you go now. I'm afraid you will bring your cheap mouth and talk bad about us to others to ruin our reputation when it's your own fault for losing your baby, you are the one who didn't want to touch your food and never stop crying even when you knew the consequences."

Jimin still remembers the face Jungkook made when he saw Jimin in the storage room. When he left without saying anything, Jimin knew that it was the end for them.

He doesn't know why Jungkook suddenly came to him, back hugged him, cried on his shoulder and said sorry repeatedly between his sobs.

Jungkook explained he is not leaving him to be with another woman, he went to Japan for work. He told Jimin to trust him but he can't bring himself to do that after Jungkook told him that he secretly took Jimin's sample to a lab for a fertility test.

Jungkook also admittedly said his pregnancy was planned, he did poke a hole in all his condoms. Their relationship started from a lie and continued with another lie. It hurts him more when he's sincerely in love with Jungkook.

*

They're having breakfast in the pantry in silence because Jimin is busy reading news about the Jeon Group.

"You're really interested in this company." Namjoon stated as he poured some caramel milk into his drink.

Jimin just smiled.

"You must like it there. Why didn't you try to apply working with them?"

"I'm not qualified yet to join them." Jimin said. He really doesn't want to talk about Jeons with anyone, but Namjoon doesn't know about him and Jungkook, so he can't say anything when the older talks about the Jeons. "Hyung, when am I gonna meet my boss?" He tried to change the topic.

"Hmm, you need to text Yuju for that. She's Mr. J's secretary in Tokyo's office."

Jimin huffed, annoyed. Why is her name Yuju? Jimin hates anyone named Yuju.