TWENTY SIX

proofread by vedlcrz
2nd proofread _JEONJIMIN_

After Jungkook left, Taehyung bursted into Jimin's room and kicked his brother out. He huffed out of frustration when Jimin told him that he wants to cancel his plan and stay in Jungkook's company.

"If he hurts you again, don't look for me." He blackmailed Jimin. He doesn't mean to be a bad friend, but he can't look at Jimin being hurt again.

"Tae, I'm just working there. Nothing is going to happen."

"Yeah right. I can't trust you too! You said you've moved on but I know deep inside, you're still in love with him." Jimin moved his gaze from his best friend to his lap, he thought he hid his feelings well from Taehyung. "I really don't understand you Jimin, you and Joonie-hyung broke up because of studies and you easily moved on. But why is it hard for you to move on with Jungkook?"

"Tae, please understand me. I almost had a baby -"

"And he killed your baby!" Taehyung yelled, making Jimin flinch. Again, they argued about Jungkook and he hates it so much. He loves Taehyung very much, he's the only family he has but he also can't stand it when Taehyung gets emotional, gets mad when he says something about his past with Jungkook, about Bubble. He doesn't like the way Taehyung talked about Jungkook. Only he can hate Jungkook.

Taehyung realized the changes of Jimin's expression, and apologized. "I didn't mean to yell at you."

"Let's stop, I'm tired." Jimin said as he stood up and walked towards the bathroom, leaving Taehyung who furiously walked back to his room.

*

When Jimin got back to the office, he saw his favorite blueberry tuna sandwich and a cup of hot caramel macchiato and tiramisu pudding on his table, with a note.

Thank you for staying, I promise I will try my best to not show my face in front of you.

-Kookie-

Jimin didn't realize that his mouth moved upwards into a smile while looking at the notes. How is Jungkook not going to show his face in front of him when he is Jungkook's personal assistant-slash- secretary? That's silly.

After he was done with breakfast, he went to the pantry and made Jungkook a cup of coffee as usual and brought it to Jungkook's office. He didn't knock before entering, making Jungkook shocked.

Jungkook, who saw Jimin, quickly stood up and found a place to hide making Jimin chuckle.

"You don't have to Mr. Jeon. Don't make things awkward between us."

Jungkook grinned and came out from the blind behind his desk.

"Here's your coffee." Jimin said as he placed the cup on the desk beside Jungkook's laptop. "1 spoon of sugar." He added making Jungkook chuckle, remembering the old memories of them.

"Thank you, Jimin."

Jimin nodded and opened his notebook. He read out Jungkook's schedule of the day. Jungkook was looking at his laptop, not giving a gaze at him but he could see his boss' small smile while listening to his voice.

When he wanted to leave, Jungkook called him. "Are you busy tonight? I want to discuss something with you."

"About what?" Jimin asked.

"Us."

"I'm sorry? There is nothing about us that is needed to be discussed." Jimin said, already holding the knob of the door.

"I'm begging you, for the last time. Let me explain everything."

*

That's how he ended up sitting with Jungkook inside one of Jungkook's favorite restaurants. Jungkook ordered the soup of the day for their starter and medium rare steak for himself. Jimin decided to pick grilled salmon with potato. When he asked Jimin whether he wanted some wine, he declined. He doesn't trust alcohol, Jungkook and himself.

"Now, go straight to the point Mr. Jeon." Jimin said right after the waiter left with their order.

"I don't know where to start."

"How about, did you really love me Jungkook?" Jimin's eyes were sharp on him.

"Of course I love you -"

"Wait, no, did you really love me from the start? You have to be honest." Jimin asked, he sounded calm but inside he felt hot and his heart was beating fast.

Jungkook sighed and nodded. "I don't."

"So you did know about your parent's plan, didn't you?"

Jungkook shook his head no. "I really didn't know they would plan something cruel on you. Well, I did tell them about you as my sex partner and they suggested me to take your sample to lab for a test. When I got the result that you could get pregnant, my mother asked for you to carry my heir and they will pay you after the delivery but I was already in love with you and I thought maybe we should just build our own family. I tried so hard to convince you to be in a serious relationship with me but you were so firm with your words that 'you don't want commitment'.

"That's the reason you poked a hole on your condom?"

Jungkook guiltily nodded. "I'm sorry. I thought, the problem will be solved if you're pregnant, my mother gets what she wants and I got you to be with me."

"You're forcing me to be with you." Jimin said, half whispered but Jungkook can tell that Jimin is furious. "You made my life miserable Jeon Jungkook. How? How can you say you loved me when you kept lying to me?"

"I really did want to tell you but after you got miscarraige, I didn't want you to get stressed."

"Nonsense, then why did you go to Japan with Yuju when you know I'm almost due? Why did you trust your mother without asking the story on my side?"

"I was planning to go for a month and my mother promised me to take care of you, but when I arrived in Japan, management was the worst, and lots of pending transactions than I thought were there and it took time to settle. I tried my best to get back to you before your due and that's why Yuju came with me, she helped me." Jungkook continued explaining. "And I'm sorry, My mother came to me and fed me with lies when I was confused, still confused. When I saw you in the store room alone, without Bubble, my mind couldn't process anything."

Jungkook's cheeks were already wet, the same goes to Jimin. And people around them were sneaking looks at them, curious at what they were talking about.

"Jungkook, send me home." Jimin stood up as he wiped his tears. He needs space and time to accept what Jungkook just told him.

Jungkook just nodded and asked the waiter for the bill. They walked out from the restaurant without touching any of their food.