Chapter 3

"Nikko," I breathed against his chest. "So what do you think?"

"I think that this guy could be a vampire, Elli." He joked, running his fingers through my russett hair. "But seriously, I think that you like this Bram Stoker Stomes."

"That's just the thing, Nikko. What if I do like him? What if he asks me out and we start dating? What if he tells me he loves me? I wouldn't be able to say it back. You know I couldn't." I whispered.

"You don't want to lead him on, shorty. That'd be unfair to him. I say, just stay friends." Nikko said, kissing my forehead. "Come on, you'll be late for dinner with Val and your old man."

"You're coming with me." I said, rolling onto my back and grabbing my clothes. "You have absolutely no food in your kitchen. I thought that Hank guy you room with was covering the rent this month?"

"He came up short this month and I decided I would rather stay here than eat." He said as he pulled on his boxers.

"Tomorrow, I'll swing by and I'll take you grocery shopping." I said as I clothed myself.

Here's the deal with Nikko Ball, ever since his sister abondoned him, he's had to fend for himself. He's eighteen, almost ninteen, years old, high school graduate, works round the clock, and still lives in the apartment that his sister raised him in. Nikko doesn't cut, Nikko abused substances, mainly alcohol. This is his thrid time he's tried AA, Alcoholic's Anonymous, and this time, he's six months clean. I'm so fucking proud of my Nikko. As part of his AA rehab steps, he attends Grief counseling to get out what made him turn to Alcohol and to help others turn away from it too.

"Elli.." He trailed as he threw on the last of his clothing.

"No objections. You're my friend, Nikko Ball, you will not go hungry." I said.

After getting dressed I drove Nikko to my dad's apartment on the other side of town. Dad absolutely loves Nikko for some reason, even after he found out about us being fuck buddies. Val, on the other hand, was just a tad uneasy. I'm his sister, he has the right to dislike who I was going to sleep with.

Nikko and I were like two kids in elementary school when we were together. When we got in the building, we raced each other up three fights of stairs and to my dad's door. Dad said he always knew when we were coming because the whole building shook. He would always have the door open in wait for us, my kitten sitting in the middle of the doorway because she thinks there's an earthquake going on.

"I won!" I screamed as I tackled Val onto the floor. He's so freaking oblivious.

"For Christ's sake, Fee, what the fuck do you eat?" He groaned from underneath me. "Everything in Mom's fridge. If she doesn't want to feed me, I'll eat out her whole fridge." I said honestly. "Where's daddy?"

"Kitchen." He groaned. "Get of me, baby whale. Nikko! Get her off of me!" Val called to Nikko who just smirked and walked into the living room.

"Nope. She's not me problem now. She's yours." He called as he sat in the big reclining chair. "Hey Dave!"

"Nikko! So good to see you! Where's my baby?" He asked. "On top of Val." Nikko chuckled.

"Dad, get her off. She weighs, like, a thousand pounds." Val groaned with a faint smile.

"I do not. I'm all bone. You're the fat one, Mr. Lovehandles." I said, pinching his fat roles.

"Pain in my ass." He shot back.

"You little fucker." I said, pinching his fat again. "I have no ass."

"Yeah, and I'm not fat. It's all muscle, babe." Val said, quickly rolling me onto my back. "I missed you, Fee." He said, kissing my nose.