Chapter 5

"Bram, I'm freezing and you're shoving ice cream in my face." I said through clenched teeth. I don't know what came over Carol and I when we were dressing for this date, but it was clearly the weather. It was freaking fifty-five degrees out.

"Sweetie, just try it. You'll love it." Bram said, wrapping his arms around me. I shook my head and pressed closer to him. "It's too cold for fucking ice cream."

"I have sweats in the car. Do you want them?" He asked. I nodded vigorously. He sighed and went back to the car for his sweat shirt and pants. As soon as he came back, I took them from his hands and pulled them on over my dress. "Thank you," I said and moved closer to him again. I was still cold, but not as cold as before.

"You're welcome, Fee." He said, wrapping one arm around me. "Lets go inside so you warm up." After taking me inside, I attacked the ginormous ice cream he bought for the two of us. Bram looked certifiably amused at me eating habbits.

"What?" I mumbled with a full mouth of ice cream.

"I swear you could be a guy with your eatng habbits. And sports affiliations." Bram said, taking a scoop of ice cream.

"Well, besides the fact that I bleed for five days every month, I could be a guy." I said, smirking as he choked a little. I laughed. Okay, I didn't laugh because my laugh really isn't a laugh. I snort while I laugh and my nostrils flare so I look like a horse.

"You're cute, Ophelia." Bram said sincerely as my laughter quieted down. I blushed and looked down. No guy, besides Nikko, Val, and Noah, has ever said tha to me. "You're just saying that." I said softly, twirling a piece of hair between my fingers.

"No, I mean it." He said, taking my hand in his. "Come on, finish your ice cream, I have something to show you." It's true, he did have something to show me, something I wasn't ready for. After we finished off the ice cream, he lead me back to his car and turned on the heat.

"What do you have to show me?" I asked, turning to face him. He grabbed the hem of his shirt and slid it over the top of his head. "These." He said, pointing to the fading scars on his side.

"My dad did this one when I was seven. I don't remember everything, but I remember enough. He was drunk, and yet he wanted to drive. He was angry because it was the first anniversary of my mother and sister's death. He drove ten over the speed limit and then he crashed. I woke up a month later in ICU with a social worker telling me that I've been in a coma and my dad committed suicide." He said, pointing to the largest gash in his side.

"Oh Bram." I whimpered, touching the scars. "Shh, I'm not finished yet, Fee." He scolded softly.

"The second biggest one is from when I tried to kill myself. It was when I was going from foster home to foster home. I thought that I just wasn't worth the oxygen on this Earth and I cut too deep. My adoption mother found me and took me to the hospital. I was thirteen years old. I haven't touched a razor since. I'm three years clean and I'm better for it." Bram said as he looked at me. To be honest, I didn't want him to look at me. I was trying not to cry. He just verbally killed me with those stories.

"Oh Bram!" I cried as I wrapped my arms around his naked torso. He hugged me back and pulled me into his lap. "Shh, Fee, it's okay. I'm here now." Bram whispered in my ear.

"But--But you could not have been... I-I-" I stuttered as a new wave of tears rushed through me. Is this what Dad and Val and everyone who cares about me felt when I tried to end my pain the first time? I hope to God that it's not. I hope that they can forgive me for hurting them like this.

"Shh, don't think about it, Ophelia." Bram said softly. "I'll always be here for you, I won't let you hurt anymore, okay?" Bram asked as he pulled back. I nodded once and pressed my face into his neck again.

"I-I won't cut. I promise I won't cut as long as I can talk to you." I whispered. "Good." Bram said as he lowered his head to kiss me.

*

*

*

I snuck into my house at around midnight. After ice cream and crying on Bran, again, we watched the stars inside an intimate sleeping bag. We ended up falling asleep together. I have to admit something before I continue on, Bram makes me feel complete. Something I haven't felt in a very long time.

Anyway, just as I reached the stairs that lead to the second floor, the Queen Bitch herself turned on the lights in the living room.

"Well, Cinderella, thank you for graciously letting me know you'd be out past curfew." My mother snapped. "I can't believe you're so irresponsible. What were you doing? Were you with that Ricco boy? Doing God knows what, anything but Christian, I bet."

"Mother, shut up." I yelled. I had enough of her and her bitching. "I was not with Nikko. Actually, it's none of your business."

"Oh, the hell it's not! I am your mother and I--"

"Yeah, well, you really haven't been a mother to me." I spat. "You've neglacted me, called me the reason for your unhappiness. Steven has been more of a parent to me than you have! All you care about is Noah and Georgie! Guess what, Fran, I may be seventeen years old, but I still need a mother." Mother was quiet for a moment. I can't tell if it was from the shock of me talking to her like that, or that she had a sudden realization.

"How dare you talk to me like that, young lady!" She bellowed. "You are grounded! No phone, no friends after school, no going to your father's next weekend." I threw my phone at her and ran up stairs. I needed Bram. I needed to talk to him or I was going to cut. But I have no phone. I got in my room and paced. I needed to contact him somehow. The Video site! I grabbed my laptop and logged onto the cite. I messeged him. He didn't reply. I waited five minutes, he didn't reply. He must be sleeping. I needed him.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

I start preseason today and I wanted to get an update out there before I go die in an hour. Wish me luck!

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho